George E. Cawthon

Sue wrote:
Hi,

I have a 1 year old Amana refrigerator with a bottow drawer freezer. Its
model number is ARB2217CSL.

It's accumulating water in the bottom of the freezer. A little web
research, and I'm wondering if it has a plugged defrost drain. I
should mention that it doesn't have a water filter, or an ice maker so
it's not that.

So after an intensive google, and reading the owners manual (next to
uselsss btw) I can't find out where the defrost drain is to check.
anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks
Sue

Don't know that model but it may dump directly
into the pan. If you remove the front kick panel
(probably just snaps off, but you may have to have
the door open to do it) you will see where the fan
is and that should blow directly across the water
pan. Look for a plastic tube that ends just above
the pan, or it could be a very short metal tube
that is soldered directly into the bottom of the
freezer compartment. There should also be
evidence of the drain in the freezer compartment
(possibly at the back of the compartment). You
need to run a small wire through the tube.