Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stationary Gas Grill

Hello,

I have a grill on my deck that is connected to the gas line in our
house. It is a Sears Kenmore grill that we have inherited from the
original owners. There are no other serial/identification numbers on
it. The grill is old and has to go, but I'd like to replace it with
another stationary gas grill that hooks up to the main line.

My question is: Is there a name for these stationary/main gas line
grills? How do I search for one? I've looked at all the Sears/Lowes
grills, and none look like the one I have. Mine looks like a
mushroom, with the grill compartment sitting on top of a thin long
metal "leg". This leg has a knob to turn the grill on.

Please, help naming/locating this product.

Thank so much!
Elana

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 10, 3:25 pm, elanamig wrote:
Hello,

I have a grill on my deck that is connected to the gas line in our
house. It is a Sears Kenmore grill that we have inherited from the
original owners. There are no other serial/identification numbers on
it. The grill is old and has to go, but I'd like to replace it with
another stationary gas grill that hooks up to the main line.

My question is: Is there a name for these stationary/main gas line
grills? How do I search for one? I've looked at all the Sears/Lowes
grills, and none look like the one I have. Mine looks like a
mushroom, with the grill compartment sitting on top of a thin long
metal "leg". This leg has a knob to turn the grill on.

Please, help naming/locating this product.

Thank so much!
Elana

OK, replying to my own post... Found the name for it - it's called
"post mount natural gas grill". Thanks!!!
Elana

Posted to alt.home.repair

elanamig writes:

Hello,

I have a grill on my deck that is connected to the gas line in our
house. It is a Sears Kenmore grill that we have inherited from the
original owners. There are no other serial/identification numbers on
it. The grill is old and has to go, but I'd like to replace it with
another stationary gas grill that hooks up to the main line.

My question is: Is there a name for these stationary/main gas line
grills? How do I search for one? I've looked at all the Sears/Lowes
grills, and none look like the one I have. Mine looks like a
mushroom, with the grill compartment sitting on top of a thin long
metal "leg". This leg has a knob to turn the grill on.

Please, help naming/locating this product.

You won't find them in the stores.

I got mine online at dicksonsupply.com.

It's a natural gas grill.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"elanamig" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a grill on my deck that is connected to the gas line in our
house. It is a Sears Kenmore grill that we have inherited from the
original owners. There are no other serial/identification numbers on
it. The grill is old and has to go, but I'd like to replace it with
another stationary gas grill that hooks up to the main line.

My question is: Is there a name for these stationary/main gas line
grills? How do I search for one? I've looked at all the Sears/Lowes
grills, and none look like the one I have. Mine looks like a
mushroom, with the grill compartment sitting on top of a thin long
metal "leg". This leg has a knob to turn the grill on.

Please, help naming/locating this product.

Thank so much!
Elana

Call your gas supplier. They sell and install them.

Betsy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 10, 3:42�pm, "betsyb" wrote:
"elanamig" wrote in message

[...]

Betsy- Hide quoted text -

you can buy portable grills that use quick disconnect to natural gas
line.

that way you can move the grill if you want or put it indoors for
winter

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:
elanamig writes:

Hello,

I have a grill on my deck that is connected to the gas line in our
house. It is a Sears Kenmore grill that we have inherited from the
original owners. There are no other serial/identification numbers on
it. The grill is old and has to go, but I'd like to replace it with
another stationary gas grill that hooks up to the main line.

My question is: Is there a name for these stationary/main gas line
grills? How do I search for one? I've looked at all the Sears/Lowes
grills, and none look like the one I have. Mine looks like a
mushroom, with the grill compartment sitting on top of a thin long
metal "leg". This leg has a knob to turn the grill on.

Please, help naming/locating this product.

You won't find them in the stores.

Real stores will have them. I just helped my friend set theirs up and
they got it from the local plumbing/heating place.

I got mine online at dicksonsupply.com.

It's a natural gas grill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"elanamig" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a grill on my deck that is connected to the gas line in our
house. It is a Sears Kenmore grill that we have inherited from the
original owners. There are no other serial/identification numbers on
it. The grill is old and has to go, but I'd like to replace it with
another stationary gas grill that hooks up to the main line.

My question is: Is there a name for these stationary/main gas line
grills? How do I search for one? I've looked at all the Sears/Lowes
grills, and none look like the one I have. Mine looks like a
mushroom, with the grill compartment sitting on top of a thin long
metal "leg". This leg has a knob to turn the grill on.

Please, help naming/locating this product.

Thank so much!
Elana

Use this opportunity to upgrade. Buy a bigger better one.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

George writes:

Dan Espen wrote:
elanamig writes:

[...]

Well, I should have said the stores mentioned.

I did look in other stores that carry grills too.
No luck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"m j d" writes:

"elanamig" wrote in message
[...]

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

Regardless of how the gas line is connected.

Here's the one I put in:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/despen...grill-001.html

Not as big as a lot of grills I see,
but perfect for what I do with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

Say What? Anything can be made stationary, and enclosures are easy to build
or drop ins are easy to do.

Regardless of how the gas line is connected.

A little Teflon tape, some bubble gum. What's there to connecting pipes?

Here's the one I put in:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/despen...grill-001.html

Looks nice. Too small for my taste, but nice.

Not as big as a lot of grills I see,
but perfect for what I do with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

its no problem with a proper connection, and approved hose..........

natural gas if it leaks being lighter than air disappates fast, while
LP is heavier than air, goes o lowest spot then BAM!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 10, 10:11 pm, Dan Espen
wrote:

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

Regardless of how the gas line is connected.

Like, say, a stove? Or don't you ever move it to clean behind
it?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 10, 10:11 pm, Dan Espen
wrote:

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

Regardless of how the gas line is connected.

Like, say, a stove? Or don't you ever move it to clean behind
it?

Cindy Hamilton

You're supposed to clean behind there?

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cindy Hamilton writes:

On May 10, 10:11 pm, Dan Espen
wrote:

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

Regardless of how the gas line is connected.

Like, say, a stove? Or don't you ever move it to clean behind
it?

Why is this complicated?

Most propane grills have wheels.
Unless you remove them and bolt the grill to a deck
or something, you are going to be flexing the gas line
any time you touch that grill or unplug it.
Something I would not recommend.

For a stove, I remove the bottom drawer.
You can clean right up to the back wall
through the opening.

If you are pulling out your gas stove every
week for cleaning, well ... that's up to you.
I have electric.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

its no problem with a proper connection, and approved hose..........

natural gas if it leaks being lighter than air disappates fast, while
LP is heavier than air, goes o lowest spot then BAM!

Our local code says it must be permanently attached to the ground or deck if
on natural gas or a bulk propane tank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 10, 4:57 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"elanamig" wrote in message

Use this opportunity to upgrade. Buy a bigger better one.

Steve

We have a full size charcoal grill on the backyard. The deck one
would be for those quick outdoor lunches when you don't have time to
mess with the coal/wood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 10, 9:11 pm, Dan Espen
wrote:
"m j d" writes:
I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

Regardless of how the gas line is connected.

Here's the one I put in:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/despen...grill-001.html

Not as big as a lot of grills I see,
but perfect for what I do with it.

What's the brand and model, please? It looks exactly like what we're
looking for

Posted to alt.home.repair

elanamig writes:

On May 10, 9:11 pm, Dan Espen
wrote:
"m j d" writes:
I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

Regardless of how the gas line is connected.

Here's the one I put in:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/despen...grill-001.html

Not as big as a lot of grills I see,
but perfect for what I do with it.

What's the brand and model, please? It looks exactly like what we're
looking for

This is from the order confirmation I got from Dickson:

"(JNRII-N_MPP) MHP Perm JNR Series II Natur"

http://dicksonsupply.com

I'm pretty sure you'll see it there.
It's almost exactly like the one I replaced
which had to be over 25 years old.

Ok, found it:

http://tinyurl.com/33rzfq

wow, prices went up.
I paid $360 with shipping.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"elanamig" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 10, 4:57 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"elanamig" wrote in message

Use this opportunity to upgrade. Buy a bigger better one.

Steve

We have a full size charcoal grill on the backyard. The deck one
would be for those quick outdoor lunches when you don't have time to
mess with the coal/wood.

Hey, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. You have obviously
owned one a long time. I've seen them, and they are not big enough for the
crowd I occasionally cook fore. The other 90% of the time, one would be
just fine.

I was merely suggesting that when things are at a construction stage, or
renovation is taking place, THEN is the time to either decide to stay with
what ya got, or go to something else, as that's when it's easiest and
cheapest to make changes.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not
meant to be stationary.

Regardless of how the gas line is connected.

Like, say, a stove? Or don't you ever move it to clean behind
it?

Cindy Hamilton

You're supposed to clean behind there?

Possibly. I know mine only gets done when the stove needs
to be moved for some other purpose. (If I went around cleaning
behind stuff, what would the dust bunnies eat? They'd starve!)

I merely brought it up as an example.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Gas grill Brian Home Repair 2 April 26th 07 02:48 PM
Gas grill Brian Home Repair 0 April 25th 07 05:36 AM
Gas Grill Problem Matt UK diy 2 April 9th 07 03:15 PM
Best Gas Grill Roy Metalworking 34 April 16th 06 05:03 AM