Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Short...

On 7-May-2007, Kewless wrote:

Snip

Still, I suppose if pride is all I'm down, then I should consider
myself blessed -- as it’s a small price to pay for such an invaluable
lesson.

Snip

I want to thank you ALL for your responses. As a whole they've gone
a long way to help patch things up btwn me and the Mrs. [Although
nothing's been said, I've been getting a lot of those *sideways* glances
ever since this thing happened. It must be like that old adage: You can
cut down a whole backyard full of trees and no one thinks you're a
lumberjack. But have one little fire on a computer you set up........ ]

If I've learned anything, it's that next time something like this happens,
it might be wise to do a little investigating BEFORE I rush to take the
blame for something I may not even have done. Whether it's my fault
or not is hard to say. But it does leave room for doubt...
Posted to alt.home.repair

According to Kewless :

If I've learned anything, it's that next time something like this happens,
it might be wise to do a little investigating BEFORE I rush to take the
blame for something I may not even have done. Whether it's my fault
or not is hard to say. But it does leave room for doubt...

Yup. It's a good idea to spend a little time trying to figure out _why_
this happened. Was anything cracked/chafed and shorted to the metal
shelving (eg: electrical burn marks on the shelving), or did it look
like the device itself burned out?

Calling someone with the make and model describing what happened
is a good idea. Eg: consumer protection agencies, the store,
and the manufacturer if you can identify/reach it.

Not as a complaint, but a warning. It's how safety recalls happen.
Many stores/manufacturers really do want to find out about these.
Before something a lot worse and more expensive happens.
--
Chris Lewis,

Electrical Short... w_tom Home Repair 10 May 14th 07 12:08 AM
Electrical Short... Chris Friesen Home Repair 5 May 9th 07 02:34 PM
Electrical Short... Noozer Home Repair 1 May 9th 07 05:02 AM
Electrical Short... Bob Home Repair 1 May 8th 07 04:22 PM
electrical short [email protected] Home Repair 10 February 15th 05 06:17 PM