Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Short...

Awhile back, I bought one of those *trendy* steel-wire bookcases
for my bedroom office. On one shelf, I set up my monitor so that I
could use it from bed (bad back). While on the bottom shelf, I put
the computer itself, along with the surge-protector...

Yesterday, just as I was leaving to go to a job, my SO called me
back and asked if I knew anything about a strange odor coming
from the back bedroom. The odor, as I soon found out, was smoke.
Apparently,the surge-protector shorted against the wire shelving --
and in doing so sparked off a small electrical fire!

There is sooo much bull**** here....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8-May-2007, "Noozer" wrote:

Awhile back, I bought one of those *trendy* steel-wire bookcases
for my bedroom office. On one shelf, I set up my monitor so that I
could use it from bed (bad back). While on the bottom shelf, I put
the computer itself, along with the surge-protector...

Yesterday, just as I was leaving to go to a job, my SO called me
back and asked if I knew anything about a strange odor coming
from the back bedroom. The odor, as I soon found out, was smoke.
Apparently,the surge-protector shorted against the wire shelving --
and in doing so sparked off a small electrical fire!

There is sooo much bull**** here....

Would that be before or after you entered this thread?

Electrical Short... w_tom Home Repair 10 May 14th 07 12:08 AM
Electrical Short... Chris Friesen Home Repair 5 May 9th 07 02:34 PM
Electrical Short... Bob Home Repair 1 May 8th 07 04:22 PM
Electrical short Roger Jensen Home Repair 14 June 17th 06 07:12 PM
electrical short [email protected] Home Repair 10 February 15th 05 06:17 PM