Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cordless impact wrench question

Hello to all:
I dont understand something.
I am looking to buy a cordless compact impact wrench.
I have narrowed my choice down to to. The dewalt dw051k, which is a 3/8
inch 12 volt, and the dewalt 053k, which is a 1/2 inch 12 volt.
The only differences that I can see, is that the 1/2 is a few ounces
heavier, and its maximum torque is about 20 percent more.
Plus the 1/2 inch uses a detent pin retention, the 3/8 uses a hog ring
retention.
The question I have is, it seems that there is a huge greater range
of accessories for the 1/2 inch, which in my opinion makes it a logical
choice, especially with the bit added torque, but in a lot of place the 1/2
inch, is priced less then the 3/8 inch, and this surprises me, and thats
why I am questioning this.
Is there something I dont understand?
I am leaning towards the 1/2 inch, but is one retention method better
and thats why they are of equal cost, or even the 3/8 is more expensive.?
It doesnt seem logical.

Much regards Jerry

Impact Wrench Question J.Lef Home Repair 14 October 3rd 06 06:08 PM
How do I use an impact wrench mm Home Repair 11 September 27th 06 03:35 AM
impact wrench habbi Metalworking 49 December 16th 05 09:18 PM
3/4 IR impact wrench B.B. Metalworking 8 September 14th 05 06:53 AM
Best Cordless Impact Wrench Kit ever!!! Bob G. Woodworking 18 March 4th 05 08:27 PM