Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default cordless impact wrench question

J.Lef wrote:
Hello to all:
I dont understand something.
I am looking to buy a cordless compact impact wrench.
I have narrowed my choice down to to. The dewalt dw051k, which is a 3/8
inch 12 volt, and the dewalt 053k, which is a 1/2 inch 12 volt.
The only differences that I can see, is that the 1/2 is a few ounces
heavier, and its maximum torque is about 20 percent more.
Plus the 1/2 inch uses a detent pin retention, the 3/8 uses a hog ring
retention.
The question I have is, it seems that there is a huge greater range
of accessories for the 1/2 inch, which in my opinion makes it a logical
choice, especially with the bit added torque, but in a lot of place the 1/2
inch, is priced less then the 3/8 inch, and this surprises me, and thats
why I am questioning this.
Is there something I dont understand?
I am leaning towards the 1/2 inch, but is one retention method better
and thats why they are of equal cost, or even the 3/8 is more expensive.?
It doesnt seem logical.

Much regards Jerry

Snap-On has a new cordless impact that has some ummph but you will pay
for it..

What are you going to use it for?