Posted to alt.home.repair
FKS FKS is offline

Default Garage door, Dryer and Flood Insurance

My house was flooded thanks to the big storm in the NYC area. A flood
insurance adjuster will come to my house next week.

I've read an article about what is covered and what is not. However, it is
not clear whether my garage door (attached garage) & laundry room dryer are
covered. FYI, I have dwelling coverage only.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 20, 10:59?pm, "FKS" wrote:
My house was flooded thanks to the big storm in the NYC area. A flood
insurance adjuster will come to my house next week.

I've read an article about what is covered and what is not. However, it is
not clear whether my garage door (attached garage) & laundry room dryer are
covered. FYI, I have dwelling coverage only.

you are screwed dwelling coverage does not cover floods, you would
need seperate flood insurance flood insurance is a seperate federal
program.

sorry to give you bad news, how much damage did it do?

creek rise or just rain pour in?

Posted to alt.home.repair
FKS FKS is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 20, 10:59?pm, "FKS" wrote:
My house was flooded thanks to the big storm in the NYC area. A flood
insurance adjuster will come to my house next week.

I've read an article about what is covered and what is not. However, it
is
not clear whether my garage door (attached garage) & laundry room dryer
are
covered. FYI, I have dwelling coverage only.

you are screwed dwelling coverage does not cover floods, you would
need seperate flood insurance flood insurance is a seperate federal
program.

sorry to give you bad news, how much damage did it do?

creek rise or just rain pour in?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I do have flood insurance that covers my
property, not my personal belongings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

FKS wrote:
My house was flooded thanks to the big storm in the NYC area. A flood
insurance adjuster will come to my house next week.

I've read an article about what is covered and what is not. However, it is
not clear whether my garage door (attached garage) & laundry room dryer are
covered. FYI, I have dwelling coverage only.

The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes - FLASH, Inc has an FAQ here that
might help you

http://www.flash.org/activity.cfm?currentPeril=2
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:59:54 -0400, "FKS" wrote:

My house was flooded thanks to the big storm in the NYC area. A flood
insurance adjuster will come to my house next week.

I've read an article about what is covered and what is not. However, it is
not clear whether my garage door (attached garage) & laundry room dryer are
covered. FYI, I have dwelling coverage only.

Doesn't your insurance policy define Dwelling somewhere?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"FKS" wrote in message ...
My house was flooded thanks to the big storm in the NYC area. A flood
insurance adjuster will come to my house next week.

I've read an article about what is covered and what is not. However, it is
not clear whether my garage door (attached garage) & laundry room dryer
are covered. FYI, I have dwelling coverage only.

We can't answer that, since we can't see your policy from here.
You have to read it to see what is covered, or ask your insurance agent.

Typically nothing is covered but structural damage to the house, but yours
might not be typical.