Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Great service from Intermatic

I thought I'd add some balance to all the complaints about lame service from
other companies.

Two years ago, I installed an Intermatic timer to control my porch light
containing a compact fluorescent bulb. The timer died in about a month.
Lowe's replaced it at no charge. The second one died, too. Called
Intermatic, who said they were aware of the problem, but didn't have a
solution yet. They sent another replacement and told me to discard the dead
unit. I installed the replacement in a place where I was using a regular
bulb.

Remember: That was 2 years ago.

Yesterday, UPS shows up at my door and delivers a new timer, with a letter
saying (basically) "Sorry we ****ed you off, here's a new timer, totally
redesigned". I'm still not clear as to whether it'll handle a CF bulb, so
I've left a message with their tech support department.

Two years later? What kind of company remembers this stuff? Amazing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lucky!!........I have never heard of such a thing , 2 years later non
the less....unheard of.... CONGRATS!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:11:39 +0000, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Two years later? What kind of company remembers this stuff? Amazing.

kudos to intermatic!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Intermatic makes several timers including one that has a tiny motor that
moves a switch to turn the light on and off. That is the only one suitable
for CF bulbs. THey have been making it for years.

http://www.intermatic.com/Default.as...d=43&sid=1 12

I don't believe any of their timers work with CF bulbs unless they have a
new model that I am unaware of.

I have 3 of these installed. All work well except the battery compartment
if flimsy on the originals I installed several years ago and one recently
broke. I ordered a replacement switch and the battery compartment had been
completely redesigned.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

They probably outsourced their customer complaints to New Delhi or
Singapore ) I've gotten a number of calls on my cell phone this week
from an unrecognized number; no ID. I finally answered and it was a
sales pitch from my own phone company, from a party whose English was
barely understandable. And I'm on the no-call list. Why pay someone
$8/hour to do what somebody else will do for $4?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
Intermatic makes several timers including one that has a tiny motor that
moves a switch to turn the light on and off. That is the only one
suitable for CF bulbs. THey have been making it for years.

http://www.intermatic.com/Default.as...d=43&sid=1 12

I don't believe any of their timers work with CF bulbs unless they have a
new model that I am unaware of.

Update: Their tech support department just returned my call. The new model
they sent me - ST01C - ***IS*** compatible with CF bulbs. UPC code:
78275-10143.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message
nk.net...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Non sequitur. They returned the call same day. The guy was definitely from
"around here".

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Two years later? What kind of company remembers this stuff? Amazing.

At Garner & Smith Bookstore in Austin, a strange book arrived one day from
McGraw-Hill. It had the store's special order number on it, albeit quite
old. The original special order was found in the attic -- from ELEVEN YEARS
previous!

The store's owner went to the ex-students association to find the current
address of the student from over a decade earlier. When contacted and told
that his book had arrived, the ex-student (now a successful lawyer) laughed
and asked if the bookstore owner was drunk!

Yes, that stuff happens.