Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Great service from Intermatic

"Norminn" wrote in message
nk.net...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
I thought I'd add some balance to all the complaints about lame service
from other companies.

Two years ago, I installed an Intermatic timer to control my porch light
containing a compact fluorescent bulb. The timer died in about a month.
Lowe's replaced it at no charge. The second one died, too. Called
Intermatic, who said they were aware of the problem, but didn't have a
solution yet. They sent another replacement and told me to discard the
dead unit. I installed the replacement in a place where I was using a
regular bulb.

Remember: That was 2 years ago.

Yesterday, UPS shows up at my door and delivers a new timer, with a
letter saying (basically) "Sorry we ****ed you off, here's a new timer,
totally redesigned". I'm still not clear as to whether it'll handle a CF
bulb, so I've left a message with their tech support department.

Two years later? What kind of company remembers this stuff? Amazing.

They probably outsourced their customer complaints to New Delhi or
Singapore ) I've gotten a number of calls on my cell phone this week
from an unrecognized number; no ID. I finally answered and it was a sales
pitch from my own phone company, from a party whose English was barely
understandable. And I'm on the no-call list. Why pay someone $8/hour to
do what somebody else will do for $4?

Non sequitur. They returned the call same day. The guy was definitely from
"around here".