Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DP 1250i Generator?

http://www.duropower.com/item.asp?PID=8&FID=1&level=0

Anyone ever used this? Cheap, light, quiet; one heck of a bargain. Unless
it is crap.

Anyone used it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 17, 9:49 pm, "Suanne Lippman" wrote:
http://www.duropower.com/item.asp?PID=8&FID=1&level=0

Anyone ever used this? Cheap, light, quiet; one heck of a bargain. Unless
it is crap.

Anyone used it?

It may last only 250 hrs or go 2000. If you buy a Honda EU they do
last 12000 hours if loaded easy. In generators you generaly get what
you pay for and the honda EU is worth every peny with its 4x greater
price. That might be a chinese unit with little known about its
reliability.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 17, 10:49 pm, "Suanne Lippman" wrote:
http://www.duropower.com/item.asp?PID=8&FID=1&level=0

Anyone ever used this? Cheap, light, quiet; one heck of a bargain. Unless
it is crap.

Anyone used it?

Based on wattage, not that cheap. Also not adequate for house unless
all you want to do is power furnace. I did not buy a Honda but Honda
dealer steered me against models like Coleman because if they broke
down, parts would be hard to find.
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair
mg mg is offline

On Apr 17, 8:49 pm, "Suanne Lippman" wrote:
http://www.duropower.com/item.asp?PID=8&FID=1&level=0

Anyone ever used this? Cheap, light, quiet; one heck of a bargain. Unless
it is crap.

Anyone used it?

I own a couple of Hondas and personally wouldn't dare take a chance on
one. However, I would call around and see if you can find any dealers
or repair shops in your area that can help you if you have trouble. If
there are, then maybe you could roll the dice and take a chance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have not used one of those.

What's your use? Regular, or occasional? for my occasional use, I
bought a TPI brand off Ebay, it was about $160 including the
freight. I was totally amazed how quiet it is. Also at 1200
watts, ran my friend's furnace when his electric was of for a
while. Big, old furnace too.

For regular use, Honda is the brand folks like.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

:

Generator help AndrewV Metalworking 2 February 23rd 06 04:55 PM
Generator SAMMY FINKELMAN Home Ownership 9 December 24th 05 03:49 PM
Generator TheMightyAtlas Home Repair 37 December 16th 05 01:35 AM
Generator GB UK diy 44 September 24th 04 11:37 AM
DC Generator Ken Sterling Metalworking 33 June 25th 04 03:22 AM