Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost of Repairing an Amana Washer

The repair guy came over and gave me an estimate
of $250.00 to fix the seal and put in a new belt.
That seems like a lot, but I don't know. If it
really costs that much, I'll just get a new washer.

Opinions?

Thanks,

S.
Posted to alt.home.repair

My gut feeling that a seal and a belt can't be to much for parts and it is
not a big deal to swap out the parts yourself.

google "appliance parts" for some diagrams and sources for parts. Have the
model and serial number available.

If you can change the starter on a car, you can probably fix your washing
machine.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"samson" wrote in message
The repair guy came over and gave me an estimate
of $250.00 to fix the seal and put in a new belt.
That seems like a lot, but I don't know. If it
really costs that much, I'll just get a new washer.

Opinions?

Thanks,

S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
My gut feeling that a seal and a belt can't be to much for parts and it is
not a big deal to swap out the parts yourself.

My "gut feeling" is that if a machine is more than 5 years old and isn't a
"premium" machine (front loader, replacement cost more than $400), then the
first "real" problem that you can't address yourself you get a replacement
machine.

Repair Cost on an Amana Washer samson Woodworking 5 April 16th 07 02:49 PM
Amana Washer Leak Douglas Fifield Home Repair 4 December 21st 05 04:15 PM
Amana washer problem Ben Bayer Home Repair 1 September 13th 05 01:52 AM
Amana Washer Diagram Gibz Home Repair 2 July 23rd 05 11:01 PM
Amana Washer Problem & Solution Mark Libby Home Repair 8 June 3rd 04 03:44 PM