Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Repair Cost on an Amana Washer

The repair guy came over and gave me an estimate
of $250.00 to fix the seal and put in a new belt.
That seems like a lot, but I don't know. If it
really costs that much, I'll just get a new washer.

Opinions?

Thanks,

S.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Fix it yourself. The repair man has told you what
needed
fixed now go online to get the parts and fix it
yourself.

"samson" wrote in message
The repair guy came over and gave me an estimate
of $250.00 to fix the seal and put in a new
belt.
That seems like a lot, but I don't know. If it
really costs that much, I'll just get a new
washer.

Opinions?

Thanks,

S.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Is it a stainless steel interior? if it isn't, i don't think it's
worth fixing. dishwashers with a stainless interior are generally
more well made. I got a used bosch for that price(250$). It's a
champ, and very quiet.
Matt

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 15 Apr 2007 09:07:24 -0700, "mattblack"
wrote:

Is it a stainless steel interior? if it isn't, i don't think it's
worth fixing. dishwashers with a stainless interior are generally
more well made. I got a used bosch for that price(250$). It's a
champ, and very quiet.
Matt

While not specifically stated, it sounded like the OP means a clothes
washer.

In any case, $250 is about half, maybe more, of the purchase price of
a new machine. Not counting the over the moon kind of appliance (Sub
Zero, ect.) When that happens to me, it's time for a new one.

With one exception - if I know exactly what to fix and can do it and
the availability and cost of parts is good, then I'll try fixing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

If repair cost is 50% of new, get new.

Unless of course, it's a built in that requires significant cost to
remove and fit with new.

Then maybe you repair.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 14, 2:41?pm, samson wrote:
The repair guy came over and gave me an estimate
of $250.00 to fix the seal and put in a new belt.
That seems like a lot, but I don't know. If it
really costs that much, I'll just get a new washer.

Opinions?

Thanks,

S.

Put it in a jig and run it thru the table saw a few times. If this
doesn't fix it, swing the drill press table out of the way and drill
many holes in it.
If it still doesn't work, take it totally apart and see if there if it
is made out of any WOOD. If not, you must have posted it to the wrong
group. Duh.