Ben Bayer

Default Amana washer problem

We have an Amana model-LWA05AW washer. A while ago, we started noticing that
on the permanent press and regular cycles, the machine would stop part of
the way through the cycle, even if the load was well-balanced and not
particularly large. At the time, the remedy was simple. We only needed to
turn the cycle knob all the way around to where it had stopped, and push it
on again. But gradually this became harder and harder to do, such that the
cycle would never start again on either the permanent press or regular
cycles. The only cycle that would work was delicate, and even here it needed
to be started over several times.

It seems to me like there might be something wrong with the timer or the
knob we turn and push to start the cycle. Perhaps the electrical contacts
inside are frayed? Does this sound like a reasonable explanation? And if so,
does anyone know the names of the parts I would need to buy to repair this?

Ben

garlin2330

I see nobody replied.Did you by any chance figure out what was wrong
with the washer?If so can you contact me?

--
garlin2330
garlin2330's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=88