Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default I DESTROYED MY TELEVISION SET.

I GOT CABLE ONE DAY AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WATCH AND I
WATCHED MTV FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS THEN I GOT A BOWLING BALL AND THREW IT
THROUGH THE SCREEN AND TOOK THE BOWLING BALL AND BROKE THE CIRCUIT
BOARD AND BROKE THE CABINET. I CALLED MY CABLE COMPANY AND TOLD THEM
THAT I AM CANCELING SERVICE AND THEY ASKED ME WHY I AM CANCELLING AND
I TOLD THEM THAT I HAD BETTER NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER BILL FROM THEM. I
FILLED UP THE SPACE WHERE MY TV ONCE UP WITH OREOS AND TWINKIES.

THEN ONE DAY I WAS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A GALLON OF VANILLA ICE
CREAM AND I GOT A KNOCK ON THE DOOR. I OPENED IT AND IT WAS A BUNCH OF
TEENAGERS. I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE MORMONS BUT THEY SAID THAT THEY
WERE FROM DISH NETWORK AND THEY WANTED TO OFFER ME SATELLITE TV.

I TOLD THEM TO HOLD ON A MINUTE WHILE I GET MY CHECKBOOK. I SHUT THE
DOOR AND TOOK A **** IN MY LEFT HAND AND I OPENED THE DOOR AND
PROPELLED A LOG OF DOOK IN ONE OF THE SALESMAN'S FACES AND I TOLD THEM
THAT IF THEY CAME BACK I WAS GOING TO KICK THEIR ASSES.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Sitre Magana wrote:
[...]

(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

On 9 Apr 2007 17:48:23 -0700, "b" wrote:

(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

Don't blame America. His own email address describes him as a yahoo.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

b wrote:

(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

WHOIS results for 141.76.45.34
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com
Location: Germany [City: Dresden, Sachsen]

So much for it being the American way?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 9, 12:23 pm, "Sitre Magana" wrote:
I GOT CABLE ONE DAY AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WATCH

You really should take your meds like you should.

Or.....you should quit self medicating.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
b wrote:
(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

WHOIS results for 141.76.45.34
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com
Location: Germany [City: Dresden, Sachsen]

So much for it being the American way?

Gotta love that German potato salad...

Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

trainfan1 wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
b wrote:
(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

WHOIS results for 141.76.45.34
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com
Location: Germany [City: Dresden, Sachsen]

So much for it being the American way?

Gotta love that German potato salad...

Rob

Not me. Any type of potato salad induces projectile vomiting.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.electrical.compliance,alt.radio.satellite,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres

On Apr 9, 10:23 am, "Sitre Magana" wrote:
[...]

Why don't you throw a bowling ball right throught your fat ****ing
skull? You fat sack of stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 9 abr, 21:36, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
b wrote:

(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

WHOIS results for 141.76.45.34
Generated bywww.DNSstuff.com
Location: Germany [City: Dresden, Sachsen]

So much for it being the American way?

(sigh ...again)...Read it properly. it says ' SOUNDS LIKE the
american way ', not IS the american way! .

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
b wrote:

(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

WHOIS results for 141.76.45.34
Generated bywww.DNSstuff.com
Location: Germany [City: Dresden, Sachsen]

So much for it being the American way?

(sigh ...again)...Read it properly. it says ' SOUNDS LIKE the
american way ', not IS the american way! .

SIGH! Read it for yourself (even though you wrote it). It is just
another backhanded slur from Spain, against the US.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.electrical.compliance,alt.radio.satellite,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres

On 13 Apr, 05:11, "Malissa Baldwin"
wrote:
On Apr 9, 10:23 am, "Sitre Magana" wrote:

I GOT CABLE ONE DAY AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WATCH AND I

Why don't you throw a bowling ball right throught your fat ****ing
skull? You fat sack of stupid.

That "I destroyed my television set" thing keeps appearing in
different places on the Net. It's like "All your bases are belong to
us". Each person who posts it, thinks they just discovered it and that
nobody else ever heard it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.electrical.compliance,alt.radio.satellite,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres

ups.com...
wrote:
On Apr 9, 10:23 am, "Sitre Magana" wrote:

I GOT CABLE ONE DAY AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WATCH AND I

Why don't you throw a bowling ball right throught your fat ****ing
skull? You fat sack of stupid.

That "I destroyed my television set" thing keeps appearing in
different places on the Net. It's like "All your bases are belong to
us". Each person who posts it, thinks they just discovered it and that
nobody else ever heard it.

Oh really? All the Google references seem to show it's new this week.

http://tinyurl.com/38qxgv

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

wrote:
b wrote:

(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

WHOIS results for 141.76.45.34
Generated bywww.DNSstuff.com
Location: Germany [City: Dresden, Sachsen]

So much for it being the American way?

(sigh ...again)...Read it properly. it says ' SOUNDS LIKE the
american way ', not IS the american way! .

SIGH! Read it for yourself (even though you wrote it). It is just
another backhanded slur from Spain, against the US.

please explain. what are the others, if this is 'another' and
'backhanded'?? how?

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
b wrote:

(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and
violence. And spam.
-B.

WHOIS results for 141.76.45.34
Generated bywww.DNSstuff.com
Location: Germany [City: Dresden, Sachsen]

So much for it being the American way?

(sigh ...again)...Read it properly. it says ' SOUNDS LIKE the
american way ', not IS the american way! .

SIGH! Read it for yourself (even though you wrote it). It is just
another backhanded slur from Spain, against the US.

please explain. what are the others, if this is 'another' and
'backhanded'?? how?

Read usenet for a while. There are a number of Europeans and a couple
Canadians who Damn the US at every chance, even if they have to make up
the whole story, rather than just twist a few facts. Its quite common on
the sci.electronics.* hierarchy.

Backhanded as in, they don't come right out and say what they mean.
Instead they try to turn it into a sick little joke so they can claim
innocence when called on their comments.

Names like Eeyore, Homer J Simpson, Bill Sloman top the list, but
there are dozens of others. Do a little digging and you'll see what I
mean.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

wrote:
b wrote:

[...]

why would anyone want to criticize the US?

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
b wrote:

[...]

Jealousy, or ignorance, is my guess. Either that, or they just love
telling lies.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

wrote:
b wrote:

[...]

what lies etc. have you encountered? I'm intrigued. Can't say I've
noticed a great deal on this NG, perhaps you could point me in the
direction of the relevant threads.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Names like Eeyore, Homer J Simpson, Bill Sloman top the list, but
there are dozens of others. Do a little digging and you'll see what I
mean.

why would anyone want to criticize the US?

Jealousy, or ignorance, is my guess. Either that, or they just love
telling lies.

what lies etc. have you encountered? I'm intrigued. Can't say I've
noticed a great deal on this NG, perhaps you could point me in the
direction of the relevant threads.

A lot of it is on news:alt.binaries.schematics which isn't archived.
Look for the names I mentioned in the Google groups archives, in the
sci.electronics and alt.electronics groups. For instance, Bill Sloman
made a claim that the US kept changing their food safety standards so
his relatives couldn't export beef to the US. Others rant about nuclear
power, the vehicles we drive, health care, food safety and any other
garbage you can come up with. It would be easier for you to take a look
at the archives with the names I gave, than for me to post pages of
links. Add US or United States to your search to help filter out other
posts.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
b wrote:

[...]

In fact Michael A. Terrell, like a number of the regulars on
sci.electronics.design, seems to have been brainwashed early on to
believe

a) that the U.S.A. is perfect.

b) that anybody criticising any aspect of the U.S.A. - no matter how
imperfect - is a lying, jealous, crypto-terrorist.

I'm inclined to blame the civics courses in primary school - a friend
of ours spent a couple of years working in the U.S while his children
were going to primary school. When they came home from school with
strange ideas about the perfection of the U.S. system, their parents
set them right - they were Australians, after all - which prompted the
teacher involved to try to persuade the children that the parents were
ignorant and misguided people. Since the parents were university
educated, and very smart, this didn't work, but the parents were not
well pleased.

For reference, one of the "lies" that we tell on
sci.electronics.design is that the U.S. medical system produces
remarkably poor public health statistics

http://mchb.hrsa.gov/mchirc/chusa_04/pages/0405iimr.htm

http://www.marchofdimes.com/files/in...kings_1998.pdf

This is mainly due to inadequate support for the poor qand minority
groups.

http://www.cdc.gov/omh/AMH/factsheets/infant.htm#1

Go figure. I guess it is a lot cheaper for the American government to
brainwash its kids than it is to set up a comprehensive medical
system.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
b wrote:

[...]

Exhibit "A". Need I say more?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Names like Eeyore, Homer J Simpson, Bill Sloman top the list, but
there are dozens of others. Do a little digging and you'll see what I
mean.

why would anyone want to criticize the US?

Jealousy, or ignorance, is my guess. Either that, or they just love
telling lies.

what lies etc. have you encountered? I'm intrigued. Can't say I've
noticed a great deal on this NG, perhaps you could point me in the
direction of the relevant threads.

A lot of it is on news:alt.binaries.schematics which isn't archived.
Look for the names I mentioned in the Google groups archives, in the
sci.electronics and alt.electronics groups. For instance, Bill Sloman
made a claim that the US kept changing their food safety standards so
his relatives couldn't export beef to the US.

They didn't change the food safety standards. Rather, they insisted
that the slaughterhouses in Australia conformed - in every detail - to
the regulations applying to slaughterhouses in the U.S. This meant
that the Australians had to build special slaughter houses for the
beef they wanted to export to the U.S.A. and they had to be inspected,
and approved by U.S. inspectors before the exports could go ahead.

The inspections were very thorough - to the point of being quite
unreasonably thorough - and it proved strangely difficult for anybody
in Australia to build an acceptable slaughter house. Anything that did
pass would fail a subsequent reinspection and have to be torn down and
rebuilt.

This is usually described as "a non-tariff barrier to trade", though
the word "cheating" is often used as well.

The relative involved was one of the daughters of my father-in-law's
third wife. My father-in-law was not the father of the daughter
involved, so the relationship was pretty remote. I originally got to
hear of the scam from the farmers kids that I went to school with in
Tasmania in the 1950's - it ran for many years.

Others rant about nuclear
power, the vehicles we drive, health care,

U.S. health care is remarkably poor for such a rich country. Child
mortality is about the same as Cuba's, and significanty worse that
France, Germany, the U.K., the Netherlands or Sweden. Afro-Americans,
Red Indians and the Inuit do a lot worse than WASPs.

food safety

Check out "The Omnivore's Dilemma" for a US-written take on US food
safety

and any other garbage you can come up with.

None of mine are garbage. Mike Terrell just doesn't like being
reminded that the U.S.A. hasn't yet solved every social problem, and
- in some areas - could learn something from other countries.

The electoral system is about due for an update ....

It would be easier for you to take a look
at the archives with the names I gave, than for me to post pages of
links. Add US or United States to your search to help filter out other
posts.

And you'd avoid the distortions introduced by Mike Terrell's
brainwashed perceptions.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Exhibit "B". He'll keep this nonsense up for years, if anyone
replies to him.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 15, 1:31 am, "Michael A. Terrell"

wrote:
b wrote:

[...]

This is mainly due to inadequate support for the poor and minority
groups.

http://www.cdc.gov/omh/AMH/factsheets/infant.htm#1

Go figure. I guess it is a lot cheaper for the American government to
brainwash its kids than it is to set up a comprehensive medical
system.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Exhibit "A". Need I say more?

Which is Mike Terrell's response to evidence-based criticism. It does
illustrate my point about brain-washing - the poor dear can't process
any comment about U.S. imperfections.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 16, 3:00 am, "Michael A. Terrell"

Which is Mike Terrell's response to evidence-based criticism. It does
illustrate my point about brain-washing - the poor dear can't process
any comment about U.S. imperfections.

Yes, Bill, the whole damn universe is brainwashed, but you are an
unemployable househusband who lives off his wife, and welfare.

The entire universe obviously isn't brainwashed. Quite a few people
have gone through the U.S. educational system without being
brainwashed, which leaves them free to perceive that U.S. society
still has a few weak points which could be improved.

Anyone who doesn't kiss your ass is brainwashed in your opinion.

I don't even own an ass, though I've probably got proprietary rights
on a bunch of asses on sci.electronics.design who bray reliably when I
push their buttons. You'd be a member of that undistinguished group.

Of course, your opinion is worth as much as your paycheck from last week.

My most recent paycheck - for the preiod from the 19th February 2007
to the 18th March 2007 was for $2872.02 before tax, $1933.26 after
tax. I've converted from euros to U.S. dollars at today's rate of
exchange.

This has nothing to do with the value of my opinion, of course.

Next he will relive his past, rattling on about all the crap he
designed. Pavlov would have been proud.

And you behave differently?

All anyone has to do is mention your name and you show up, spouting
your rhetoric.

Why not? I've got nothing better to do.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Apr 16, 3:00 am, "Michael A. Terrell"

Which is Mike Terrell's response to evidence-based criticism. It does
illustrate my point about brain-washing - the poor dear can't process
any comment about U.S. imperfections.

Yes, Bill, the whole damn universe is brainwashed, but you are an
unemployable househusband who lives off his wife, and welfare.

The entire universe obviously isn't brainwashed. Quite a few people
have gone through the U.S. educational system without being
brainwashed, which leaves them free to perceive that U.S. society
still has a few weak points which could be improved.

Anyone who doesn't kiss your ass is brainwashed in your opinion.

I don't even own an ass

Look in your mirror, I'm sure you'll find an ass.

though I've probably got proprietary rights
on a bunch of asses on sci.electronics.design who bray reliably when I
push their buttons.

Really? You've been kill filed there for about a year. I only see
your crap once in a while when someone responds to you. like your
mindless rants about anyone using a 555 timer for a project. You start
bleating like the mindless sheep that you are.

You'd be a member of that undistinguished group.

You're like that bunch of losers on soc.men who invaded several other
electronics nesgroups, along with their pathetic claims that they "OWN"
anyone who responds. Do you enjoy raping women, like they do? You
sound just like them. Oh, that's right, you're just another gutless
Eurosheep. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A!!! Do
they have you stump trained yet?

Of course, your opinion is worth as much as your paycheck from last week.

My most recent paycheck - for the preiod from the 19th February 2007
to the 18th March 2007 was for $2872.02 before tax, $1933.26 after
tax.

I didn't know welfare paid thet much in Nijmegen. Or do you get that
much because your wife has a hig paying job?

I've converted from euros to U.S. dollars at today's rate of
exchange.

You bragged about being paid for not finding a job on one of the
other sci.electronics newsgroups.

This has nothing to do with the value of my opinion, of course.

Next he will relive his past, rattling on about all the crap he
designed. Pavlov would have been proud.

And you behave differently?

All anyone has to do is mention your name and you show up, spouting
your rhetoric.

Why not? I've got nothing better to do.

OK, Bill since you have nothing else to do I challenege you to find
ONE post where I claimed the US was perfect.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 8:57 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"

On Apr 16, 3:00 am, "Michael A. Terrell"

Which is Mike Terrell's response to evidence-based criticism. It does
illustrate my point about brain-washing - the poor dear can't process
any comment about U.S. imperfections.

Yes, Bill, the whole damn universe is brainwashed, but you are an
unemployable househusband who lives off his wife, and welfare.

The entire universe obviously isn't brainwashed. Quite a few people
have gone through the U.S. educational system without being
brainwashed, which leaves them free to perceive that U.S. society
still has a few weak points which could be improved.

Anyone who doesn't kiss your ass is brainwashed in your opinion.

I don't even own an ass

Look in your mirror, I'm sure you'll find an ass.

You've got the same problem as Jim Thompson - you are seriously out of
touch with reality.

though I've probably got proprietary rights
on a bunch of asses on sci.electronics.design who bray reliably when I
push their buttons.

Really? You've been kill filed there for about a year. I only see
your crap once in a while when someone responds to you. like your
mindless rants about anyone using a 555 timer for a project.

Nothing mindless about it. It has been a long time since the 555 was a
good choice to do anything electronic.

You start bleating like the mindless sheep that you are.

Every post identical ... you've really got my number, haven't you.

You'd be a member of that undistinguished group.

You're like that bunch of losers on soc.men who invaded several other
electronics nesgroups, along with their pathetic claims that they "OWN"
anyone who responds. Do you enjoy raping women, like they do?

Don't know. Never tried it - it is morally repugnant, so I can't
imagine that I'll ever get to find out.

You sound just like them.

Your perceptions aren't up to much, are they.

Oh, that's right, you're just another gutless
Eurosheep. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A!!! Do
they have you stump trained yet?

Very convincing, I'm sure.

Of course, your opinion is worth as much as your paycheck from last week.

My most recent paycheck - for the preiod from the 19th February 2007
to the 18th March 2007 was for $2872.02 before tax, $1933.26 after
tax.

I didn't know welfare paid that much in Nijmegen.

There is a lot you don't know. Another illustration of the defects of
the American educational system.

Or do you get that much because your wife has a high paying job?

If you've worked for more than 39 weeks, Dutch unemployment benefit is
fixed at 70% of your last salary.
There are circumstances where your partner's income can influence your
benefit, but I'm not in that situation.

I've converted from euros to U.S. dollars at today's rate of exchange.

You bragged about being paid for not finding a job on one of the
other sci.electronics newsgroups.

I don't brag about it. I'd be much happier to be working, and nobody
has been able to suggest any way in which I could imrove my job-
hunting technique - I certainly apply for more jobs than I am obliged
to under the rules, which is to say, more than one a week.

This has nothing to do with the value of my opinion, of course.

Next he will relive his past, rattling on about all the crap he
designed. Pavlov would have been proud.

And you behave differently?

All anyone has to do is mention your name and you show up, spouting
your rhetoric.

Why not? I've got nothing better to do.

OK, Bill since you have nothing else to do I challenege you to find
ONE post where I claimed the US was perfect.

So why do you get so upset by my occasional suggestions that some
aspects of U.S. society are less than perfect?

When some Australian nutter shot some thirty-odd tourists at Port
Arthur a few years ago, Australia tightened up it gun control laws.
When American nutters trot around university and high school campuses
shooting students and passers-by in similar numbers, the National
Rifle Association explains to America that an occasional massacre is a
small price to pay for the right of every nutter in the country to
bear automatic weapons, and you haven't even thrown the committee of
the NRA into a lunatic asylum, let alone sorted out your idiotic gun
control laws.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen