Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore washer wont drain or spin

This is a large capacity Kenmore 1 year and 1 week old. Has been used
for only 6 full months and has run good up until last night. Noticed
when we took the clothes out there were still very wet. Tried to re-
run the spin and nothing. the machine hums and the lights actually dim
in the utility room and nothing. you can hear the clicking if you turn
the knob to different settings like it would if it was working but
still nothing. I was able to add some water and tried to get it to
agitate but this is also a no go. So its not doing anything at all
except filling. Any one have any ideas at all? It would be greatly
appreciated.

Oh Sears says sorry no extended warrantee was purchased and we only
allow 3 months for return and 1 year manufacturer. What happened to
the days when you bought a $350 washer and it actually worked for 5-10
years? But they would be happy to charge me $125 to have the tech come
and see if its something like a defect or if it's a part I can pay
then to replace. 6 months $350 Gesh !!!!! Wont forget to get the
extended with its replacement .....

Renee'