Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Renee1313@gmail.com is offline

Default Kenmore washer wont drain or spin

On Apr 6, 4:50 pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 6, 10:06 am, "Roger Shoaf" wrote:

I agree this sounds like a broken coupler. The part is less than $15.

I had similar symptoms a couple of years ago with a bad lid switch.

Lid switch doesn't seem very likely on a year-old washer, but then
neither does a broken coupler.

Jerry

If I turn it on lid open I get nothing, if I close the lid and turn it
on I hear the clicking and the surge in the electricity changes ,
dimming the lights as if it were trying to run , so should I assume
since that's happening its not the lid switch and stick with finding
the coupler?

thank you all for the help... its nice so many offer.

Renee'