Matt

Default Kenmore washer violent on spin.

Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even
any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing
this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking
away. Clothes are balanced...
dadiOH

Matt wrote:
Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't
even any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it
doing this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it
from walking away. Clothes are balanced...

If the clothes were balanced it wouldn't do it. Try a lighter load.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

Phil Munro

You may have one of three tie springs to the tub below broken. I had
this happen with another brand washer many years ago. --Phil

Matt wrote:

Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even
any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing
this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking
away. Clothes are balanced...

Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555
Matt

dadiOH wrote:
Matt wrote:

Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't
even any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it
doing this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it
from walking away. Clothes are balanced...

If the clothes were balanced it wouldn't do it. Try a lighter load.

That's been my experience with washers in the past but
A) Shouldn't it sound a buzzer and stop if it's THAT off balance?
and
B) there aren't THAT many clothes in it... even when it's empty it
shakes a bit.

Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
Matt wrote:
Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even
any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing
this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking
away. Clothes are balanced...

I once had a washer that stopped doing this after I tightened some
loose bolts near the bottom, that held the base on to the rest of the
machine.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

xrongor

It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't
even any clothes in it.

If the clothes were balanced it wouldn't do it. Try a lighter load.

see the problem?

its probably a broken or disconnected spring like the other guy said.

randy

Rich

"Matt" wrote in message
Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even
any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing
this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking
away. Clothes are balanced...

I had the same problem with my new washing machine. The fellas that
delivered it forgot to take out one of the shipping bolts at the bottom of
the unit.
You should take the cabinet off so you can take a better look at what's
going on. A broken or disconnected spring, bent or broken spring bracket
would be the things to look for.

Rich
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com

SQLit

"Matt" wrote in message
dadiOH wrote:
Matt wrote:

Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't
even any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it
doing this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it
from walking away. Clothes are balanced...

If the clothes were balanced it wouldn't do it. Try a lighter load.

That's been my experience with washers in the past but
A) Shouldn't it sound a buzzer and stop if it's THAT off balance?
and
B) there aren't THAT many clothes in it... even when it's empty it
shakes a bit.

Have you checked to see that it is level? That what makes mine do the
"walkabout"

Gary Dyrkacz

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:38:36 GMT, "Rich"
wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even
any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing
this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking
away. Clothes are balanced...

I had the same problem with my new washing machine. The fellas that
delivered it forgot to take out one of the shipping bolts at the bottom of
the unit.
You should take the cabinet off so you can take a better look at what's
going on. A broken or disconnected spring, bent or broken spring bracket
would be the things to look for.

Rich

I had the same problem last year with a 10 yr old Kenmore. It was the
spring. Found it on the floor under the washing machine and at first
could not figure out where it came from. Finally noticed a broken out
hole on the cabinet. The spring had pulled through the lip of the
cabinet. I drilled anotherhole nearby and reattached the spring. Fine
so far.

http://www.garage-door-hardware.com

Gary Dyrkacz

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+
http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn/

George E. Cawthon

Matt wrote:
Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even
any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing
this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking
away. Clothes are balanced...

If it shakes, it isn't balanced. Usually the unbalancing factor is
clothes, but if it shakes when there are no clothes in it, something
is definitely wrong, i.e. part of the spinning mechanism is
unbalanced. Have you lifted the top and looked at the tub to see if
anything is obvious?
Matt

Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't
even any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it
doing this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it

from walking away. Clothes are balanced...

If the clothes were balanced it wouldn't do it. Try a lighter load.

That's been my experience with washers in the past but
A) Shouldn't it sound a buzzer and stop if it's THAT off balance?
and
B) there aren't THAT many clothes in it... even when it's empty it
shakes a bit.

Have you checked to see that it is level? That what makes mine do the
"walkabout"

Yeah the level I have shows it's about as close as you can get to level.
Last night the wife and I did 4 load of laundry. 2 of which did "the
walk" and I had to jump on the washer, 2 were fine. Only difference
was she loaded it a bit higher on the two that did the walkabout, but it
wasn't THAT full. I've loaded many other washers to the same point
with no issues in the past.
jeff

Matt wrote in message ...
Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even
any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing
this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking
away. Clothes are balanced...

Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies...model# is??

Always done this, just started recently?
Washer is on a wood/cement floor?
Has the washer been moved recently?

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
Matt

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Matt wrote:

Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't
even any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it
doing this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from
walking away. Clothes are balanced...

If it shakes, it isn't balanced. Usually the unbalancing factor is
clothes, but if it shakes when there are no clothes in it, something is
definitely wrong, i.e. part of the spinning mechanism is unbalanced.
Have you lifted the top and looked at the tub to see if anything is
obvious?

Yeah, nothing looks obviously off, and the springs all seem in place.
When it spins with no clothes it definately has this whir weee whir weee
whir weee to it that seems to indicate something is funky on the tub.. I
think I'm going to call Kenmore/Sears about it and see what they can do
as it's still mostly under warranty.
Stormin Mormon

Ah, but is the entire washer balanced?

And does you washing machine have a view of television, or video games?
Those promote violence, now days. You may need to pop a couple Ritalin into
the basket before doing clothes.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus