George E. Cawthon

Matt wrote:
Hello,
My kenmore washer when it goes into the spin cycle begins to shake
violently. It will do this (to a lesser degree) when there aren't even
any clothes in it. How can I resolve this problem? Why is it doing
this? It shakes so much you have to sit on it to stop it from walking
away. Clothes are balanced...

If it shakes, it isn't balanced. Usually the unbalancing factor is
clothes, but if it shakes when there are no clothes in it, something
is definitely wrong, i.e. part of the spinning mechanism is
unbalanced. Have you lifted the top and looked at the tub to see if
anything is obvious?