Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grease for kitchen stove natural gas vavle??

Someone spilled milk on our countertop stove unit over where the flame
controls are - the one that goes from off to low/medium/high by turing the
control. Well it got into two of the controls and they would bearly move. So
I took them apart and cleaned everything up however there is the slightest
smell of natural gas. I noticed that some sort of grease was used inside the
valve assembly [cone shaped plug with holes in it] to faciliate smooth
twisting of the valve control and probably to help seal out the gas from
escaping past it. What sort of grease should I use on those part when I
assemble them again? Thanks for any help.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Likely a silicon grease... any good hardware store in the plumbing
department. Small tubes. Handy stuff.