Joe Grassi

Default Whirlpool Gas Stove - Natural Gas

We got a Natural Gas stove here in the Duplex we are leasing and its got a
Whirlpool Natural Gas Stove its a pretty cheap model too. But anyways the
problem with it is any time you light a burner or anything the broiler
automatically comes on too, and it wont turn off when you turn the stove or
oven off, unless I pull electrical plug out of the wall which controls the
pilots and its ignition. Anyone got any ideas on what might be wrong with
this thing?

Thanks,
Joe

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Joe Grassi

whirlpool
Model #SF3020EKQ0

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

David Martel

Joe,

Have you spoken with the landlord or manager? This is not your problem.
They need to fix this.

Dave M.

Appliance Repair Aid

Joe Grassi wrote:
whirlpool
Model #SF3020EKQ0

Hi,

But anyways the problem with it is any time you light a burner or anything the broiler automatically comes on too

Broil and bake are the same burner.

Simple enough range....has an electric oven control that turns on the
oven hot surface ignitor. Possible the control contacts are
stuck/stiking closed or a wire has shorted keeping the oven ignitor on
( shorted wire -sounds- more possible if you need to unplug the range
to turn it off ). I'd check wire harness at the control and all the way
to the oven ignitor.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Joe Grassi

They told us we need to make all the general and regular household repairs
to the duplex, I kinda find that to be bull**** but thats what they said
when I signed my lease but it doesnt say anything about that in the lease
agreement.

But I was wondering too why would the broiler/bake come on when you just use
one of the ranges or is that where the short comes into play, cause the
broiler comes on no matter what as long as the stove is plugged in.

Thanks,
Joe
"David Martel" wrote in message
link.net...
Joe,

Have you spoken with the landlord or manager? This is not your problem.
They need to fix this.

Dave M.

Appliance Repair Aid

But I was wondering too why would the
broiler/bake come on when you just use
one of the ranges

Wire moving from the heat of the other burners?
Metal expanding/moving from the heat of the other burners?

Start at the control and check all the wires to the oven ignitor!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/