TURTLE

Default Whirlpool Stove with F-7 Code.

This is Turtle.

I have a Whirlpool , well really a Roper with the F-7 Fault code Coming up on
it. The only thing it is doing wrong is the Oven Door will not open and is
locked shut.

There has been no cleaning on the oven or auto cleaning at all all day. Out of
the blue the Oven Door Just locked and everything else works fine. You even turn
the oven on to use it but the Door is Just lock shut. Do you suggest Dyinomite
or Someone who knows what they are doing to look at it.

Also What is the Fault Code F-7 Mean ?

TURTLE

Travis Jordan

TURTLE wrote:
This is Turtle.

I have a Whirlpool , well really a Roper with the F-7 Fault code
Coming up on it. The only thing it is doing wrong is the Oven Door
will not open and is locked shut.

There has been no cleaning on the oven or auto cleaning at all all
day. Out of the blue the Oven Door Just locked and everything else
works fine. You even turn the oven on to use it but the Door is Just
lock shut. Do you suggest Dyinomite or Someone who knows what they
are doing to look at it.

Also What is the Fault Code F-7 Mean ?

Hi T. Hopefully Paul won't come over here and tell you to post this question
at alt.who.cares.about.this!

According to http://www.repairclinic.com/0078.asp

F7 - Computer logic interrupted (lock motor). The fix is supposedly to
replace the touch pad.

I've seen a similar fault on a KitchenAid oven and was able to reset it by
taking the power off for a minute. Give that a try.

TURTLE

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
TURTLE wrote:
[...]

I have unplugged it for 4 hours and also 1 hour at different times and no help.
I just unplugged it right now and will let it go over nite. This thing I think
did it about 5 years ago and unplugging it did it. Now it can't hear the
unplugging noise I guess.

Hey How can I get to that Level that is locking it shut and get to it with a
Hack Saw ! I bet it will not lock again if I can get to it with a Hacksaw. That
Self Cleaning stuff is useless to use. We are not to lazy to just clean it out.

I unplugged it for about 10 minutes and then pushed clean the oven to run it
thought the cycle it throw the clean mode to try to clear it. Now when I mashed
the clean the oven button and now it is [[[[[[[[ contenously Beeping and has
little letters ''clean '' and big letters DOOR ]]]]]]].

Hold on here New Flash ! I got the Larry the Cable Guy Attitude going and took
the top off where the arm ties on. I cut the spring, disconnected the arm, Hack
Sawed the hook off the part that latched in the door, and the door come open
like a charm. I put it back to gether and everything works but the cleaning of
the oven will not work now. I did not want the cleaning cycle thing to work
anyway. I'll teach that thang to fool with me. Get R Done !

Thank you there Travis and sure thank you for the help on the Diagnosis of the
problem.

Get R Done

TURTLE

Travis Jordan

TURTLE wrote:
Hold on here New Flash ! I got the Larry the Cable Guy Attitude
going and took the top off where the arm ties on. I cut the spring,
disconnected the arm, Hack Sawed the hook off the part that latched
in the door, and the door come open like a charm. I put it back to
gether and everything works but the cleaning of the oven will not
work now. I did not want the cleaning cycle thing to work anyway.
I'll teach that thang to fool with me. Get R Done !

Good deal. 'ol hard shelled one. I like your attitude!

Have a great week.