Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Guesses, please

30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, on slab. Two rollup doors, three regular
doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated.

Turnkey.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, on slab. Two rollup doors, three regular
doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated.

Turnkey.

Steve

I would guess nobody knows what you want us to guess, I guess

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Steve B says...

30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, on slab. Two rollup doors, three regular
doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated.

Turnkey.

Steve

156,778

What did I win?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Whadda ya wanna know?

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

"Steve B" wrote in message
30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, on slab. Two rollup doors, three regular
doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated.

Turnkey.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Steve B" wrote:
30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, on slab. Two rollup doors, three regular
doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated.

Turnkey.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Posted to alt.home.repair

Guesses on cost.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

Guesses on cost.

~$37,500

Posted to alt.home.repair

No need to guess-- just strip away the extraneous info. . . .

"Steve B" wrote:

30 x 50 x 16 ft.

-snip-

It will be 2400 cubic feet. [if the roof is flat]

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

"Steve B" wrote:

30 x 50 x 16 ft.

-snip-

It will be 2400 cubic feet. [if the roof is flat]

That works for large cubic feet.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hmm. Swami looks into his crystal ball, and sees that you havn't
asked for anythign to be done to these windows and doors, so the
job is free.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Steve B" wrote in message
: 30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, on slab. Two rollup doors,
three regular
: doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated.
:
: Turnkey.
:
: Steve
:
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

YOu didn't supply enough information to even SWAG.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Steve B" wrote in message
: Guesses on cost.
:
:

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Steve B wrote:
Guesses on cost.

You did not repeat the OP so newcomers do not know what you want,
This is a newsgroup NOT a chat room.
AND your question is really meaningless without a LOT more info.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:12:28 -0400, Lou wrote:

Steve B wrote:
Guesses on cost.

You did not repeat the OP so newcomers do not know what you want,
This is a newsgroup NOT a chat room.
AND your question is really meaningless without a LOT more info.

Lou

Just go to http://www.unitedsteelbuilding.com, and feed
their little guestimator. It'll still be a WAG, but
it will be an EDUMACATED WAG.
Posted to alt.home.repair

How'd you figure that?

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

"Steve B" wrote:

30 x 50 x 16 ft.

-snip-

It will be 2400 cubic feet. [if the roof is flat]

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
YOu didn't supply enough information to even SWAG.

That's okay, I see it's beyond your ability anyway.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

news

Steve B wrote:
Guesses on cost.

You did not repeat the OP so newcomers do not know what you want,
This is a newsgroup NOT a chat room.
AND your question is really meaningless without a LOT more info.

Lou

Just go to http://www.unitedsteelbuilding.com, and feed
their little guestimator. It'll still be a WAG, but
it will be an EDUMACATED WAG.

I'm going to do that right now. Thanks a lot.

What is it about you that let you post such a helpful relevant answer, and
then there's others sitting here looking like a monkey pondering a
micrometer?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote:

30 x 50 x 16 ft.

-snip-

It will be 2400 cubic feet. [if the roof is flat]

Jim

I want you to bid on my next project.

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Hmm. Swami looks into his crystal ball, and sees that you havn't
asked for anythign to be done to these windows and doors, so the
job is free.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.

Seems like there's a lot of looking into crystal balls and mysterious
objects and interpreting the results. Whole cults have been built from that
premise.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Lou" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
Guesses on cost.

You did not repeat the OP so newcomers do not know what you want,
This is a newsgroup NOT a chat room.
AND your question is really meaningless without a LOT more info.

Lou

Funny. Some here have answered the questions with a guess. Some can't even
understand the question.

I think that was one of the most important milestones I ever passed in my
life: giving up the attitude that it was more important to know the answer
than to at least understand the question.

And that applies to everything.

So, all we can agree on is that we have two very distinct groups of people
here.

btw, I shall get two firm bids today, and both from established companies
that I provided the exact information to.

I'll post the bids and we'll see who came closest.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just go to http://www.unitedsteelbuilding.com, and feed
their little guestimator. It'll still be a WAG, but
it will be an EDUMACATED WAG.

I'm going to do that right now. Thanks a lot.

What is it about you that let you post such a helpful relevant answer, and
then there's others sitting here looking like a monkey pondering a
micrometer?

I'm a professional helpdesk support person.
The ability to answer dumb-ass questions at least moderately politely
is a required job skill.

--Goedjn.

(You did ask...)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" writes:

news

Steve B wrote:
Guesses on cost.

You did not repeat the OP so newcomers do not know what you want,
This is a newsgroup NOT a chat room.
AND your question is really meaningless without a LOT more info.

Lou

Just go to http://www.unitedsteelbuilding.com, and feed
their little guestimator. It'll still be a WAG, but
it will be an EDUMACATED WAG.

I'm going to do that right now. Thanks a lot.

What is it about you that let you post such a helpful relevant answer, and
then there's others sitting here looking like a monkey pondering a
micrometer?

I thought it was a contest but you didn't say what the prize was.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Goedjn" wrote in message

Just go to http://www.unitedsteelbuilding.com, and feed
their little guestimator. It'll still be a WAG, but
it will be an EDUMACATED WAG.

I'm going to do that right now. Thanks a lot.

What is it about you that let you post such a helpful relevant answer, and
then there's others sitting here looking like a monkey pondering a
micrometer?

I'm a professional helpdesk support person.
The ability to answer dumb-ass questions at least moderately politely
is a required job skill.

--Goedjn.

(You did ask...)

Yes, and I appreciate that, being a dumb assed question asker. But, the
response does weigh heavily as to whether I do much business or conversation
with the other person or their company.

I get testy at times, like everyone else. But it's nice not to be slapped
when asking a dumb question. I have asked a bunch, and think that it only
bothers the people who know everything there is to know, and are bothered by
us people who don't.

Thanks again.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote

I thought it was a contest but you didn't say what the prize was.

A coupon for a free lobotomy. (not valid in most states)

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

"Lou" wrote in message

Steve B wrote:

[...]

Don't bother.

Nobody cres.

We dont give a **** about you or your silly assed guessing games.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, on slab. Two rollup doors, three
regular doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated.

Turnkey.

Steve

$US38,165.32 this minute; prices will change overnight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jJim McLaughlin" wrote

Don't bother.

Nobody cres.

We dont give a **** about you or your silly assed guessing games.

"cres"

"dont"

Is English your second language, or is it just dark up there?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Good luck, I went through this a couple of years ago, when I considered
installing a steel Quonset building. I really wanted to compare products and
prices over the net, but found it was difficult to get anywhere near
accurate pricing via the automatic estimators and every company I contacted
came off like shysters. They all have "special deals" on units from
cancellations and all manner of hustle tactics. It just seemed so seedy I
gave up

"Steve B" wrote in message
30 x 50 x 16 ft. metal building, on slab. Two rollup doors, three regular
doors, four windows, four skylights, insulated.

Turnkey.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Good luck, I went through this a couple of years ago, when I considered
installing a steel Quonset building. I really wanted to compare products
and prices over the net, but found it was difficult to get anywhere near
accurate pricing via the automatic estimators and every company I
contacted came off like shysters. They all have "special deals" on units
from cancellations and all manner of hustle tactics. It just seemed so
seedy I gave up

I have run into this already. Seems like there are so many "cancellations"
that people want to blow out. There seems to be some long sad story
attached to every building.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

I get testy at times, like everyone else. But it's nice not to be slapped
when asking a dumb question. I have asked a bunch, and think that it only
bothers the people who know everything there is to know, and are bothered by
us people who don't.

In all honesty, I don't think anyone slapped you for asking a dumb
question. It appears they slapped you for being dumb.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Curtis" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:

I get testy at times, like everyone else. But it's nice not to be
slapped when asking a dumb question. I have asked a bunch, and think
that it only bothers the people who know everything there is to know, and
are bothered by us people who don't.

In all honesty, I don't think anyone slapped you for asking a dumb
question. It appears they slapped you for being dumb.

If that's the case, here's yer slap.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Steve B wrote:
news

Steve B wrote:
Guesses on cost.

You did not repeat the OP so newcomers do not know what you want,
This is a newsgroup NOT a chat room.
AND your question is really meaningless without a LOT more info.

Lou

Just go to http://www.unitedsteelbuilding.com, and feed
their little guestimator. It'll still be a WAG, but
it will be an EDUMACATED WAG.

I'm going to do that right now. Thanks a lot.

What is it about you that let you post such a helpful relevant answer, and
then there's others sitting here looking like a monkey pondering a
micrometer?

Steve

Gee, an easy question. Go look in a mirror and see the source of the
problem.
You just got lucky in getting a good reply.

Lou
A positive attitude may not solve ALL your problems, but it will
annoy enough people to make it worth the effort - - Herm Albright
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Lou" wrote

You just got lucky in getting a good reply.

Lou

I guess you haven't been paying attention. I got several "good" replies.
From the Git-R-Done brigade here of doers who can look at a problem and come
up with a solution. Instead of sitting at a monitor all day correcting
other people's English and being critical.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd like to make a suggestion.
Next time you put out a question, make it a real one. With details.
The steel can be as thick as you want, price will as well.
Those windows and doors can be anything, including the big ones.
Gonna put it on a foundation? Where? Insulated could mean the
skimpy pink foam that gets used under vinyl siding.

If all you look for is the total enclosed volume, the estimate will
either be quite low, or some companies won't even want to deal
with you because they know you haven't thought it through enough
to be getting functional bids.

Just my opinion, worth what you paid.

On Mar 28, 7:03 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message

Good luck, I went through this a couple of years ago, when I considered
installing a steel Quonset building. I really wanted to compare products
and prices over the net, but found it was difficult to get anywhere near
accurate pricing via the automatic estimators and every company I
contacted came off like shysters. They all have "special deals" on units
from cancellations and all manner of hustle tactics. It just seemed so
seedy I gave up

I have run into this already. Seems like there are so many "cancellations"
that people want to blow out. There seems to be some long sad story
attached to every building.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Michael B" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd like to make a suggestion.
Next time you put out a question, make it a real one. With details.
The steel can be as thick as you want, price will as well.
Those windows and doors can be anything, including the big ones.
Gonna put it on a foundation? Where? Insulated could mean the
skimpy pink foam that gets used under vinyl siding.

If all you look for is the total enclosed volume, the estimate will
either be quite low, or some companies won't even want to deal
with you because they know you haven't thought it through enough
to be getting functional bids.

Just my opinion, worth what you paid.

I'm sorry you missed the keyword ......... "guesses".