Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any American Standard Luxor toilet experts?

Our new (to us) has American Standard Luxor toilets (probably AS2003.036
non-Vent-A-Way). So far, so good, but last night the flush valve
(probably AS47049-0700) cocked up with the plastic pipe staying
vertical, and requires a nudge to drop back down). I'll investigate
cleaning up the pivot at the bottom, perhaps putting a bit of some sort
of waterproof grease on it. However, is there anyone here who can
explain the ins and outs of the overall mechanism to me? I actually paid
for access to the "theanswerline" toilet site and downloaded the parts
lists -- are there any other online resources explaining these obsolete
toilets?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Northe
(Green Valley, AZ)