DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Any American Standard Luxor toilet experts? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/195007-any-american-standard-luxor-toilet-experts.html)

Northe March 14th 07 03:21 PM

Any American Standard Luxor toilet experts?

Our new (to us) has American Standard Luxor toilets (probably AS2003.036
non-Vent-A-Way). So far, so good, but last night the flush valve
(probably AS47049-0700) cocked up with the plastic pipe staying
vertical, and requires a nudge to drop back down). I'll investigate
cleaning up the pivot at the bottom, perhaps putting a bit of some sort
of waterproof grease on it. However, is there anyone here who can
explain the ins and outs of the overall mechanism to me? I actually paid
for access to the "theanswerline" toilet site and downloaded the parts
lists -- are there any other online resources explaining these obsolete
toilets?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Northe
(Green Valley, AZ)