Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running a 220volt cable

Ineed to run a 220v 14 amp line. What size wire can I use and how do I hook
it up?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:09:40 +0000, Jimmy wrote:

Ineed to run a 220v 14 amp line. What size wire can I use and how do I hook
it up?

TIA

Get the yellow wire. In truth, it depends on how far you are running it.
There are visual tutorials on the internet at sites like home depot and
lowes.
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

If your load on this cable is 14 amps, you need a 20 amp or #12 cable,
provided the run is not to long. If you're asking how to connect it in the
panel, you would need a double pole 20 amp breaker, which you would connect
to the two hot legs, a ground wire connected to the ground buss, and if the
circuit required a neutral, that would be connected to the neutral buss. If
the panel is a main service panel, the ground and neutral buss are the same

"Jimmy" wrote in message
t...
Ineed to run a 220v 14 amp line. What size wire can I use and how do I
hook it up?

TIA

Running cable across doorway?? Steve Home Repair 24 December 5th 06 08:52 PM
running electric cable Neil UK diy 4 September 18th 05 12:46 PM
Running new cable through or under joists? toller Home Repair 5 December 19th 04 02:50 AM
Running Electrical Cable [email protected] Kill the 2 trees in e Home Repair 4 October 15th 04 07:02 AM
Correction factors in running cable [email protected] UK diy 6 May 18th 04 07:08 PM