Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Running a 220volt cable

If your load on this cable is 14 amps, you need a 20 amp or #12 cable,
provided the run is not to long. If you're asking how to connect it in the
panel, you would need a double pole 20 amp breaker, which you would connect
to the two hot legs, a ground wire connected to the ground buss, and if the
circuit required a neutral, that would be connected to the neutral buss. If
the panel is a main service panel, the ground and neutral buss are the same

"Jimmy" wrote in message
t...
Ineed to run a 220v 14 amp line. What size wire can I use and how do I
hook it up?

TIA