Neil

Default running electric cable

I would like to run an electric cable under a 4 inch insulated floor. The
floor insulation is covered with 18mm t+g chipboard flooring. If I run the
cable through a plastic tubing first, then under the insulation, can anyone
see a problem with this. Beneath the 4 inch insulation is a concrete base.
The idea is to put electric sockets at the opposite side of the room to
were they are now.
Many thanks.
Neil

John Rumm

Neil wrote:

I would like to run an electric cable under a 4 inch insulated floor. The
floor insulation is covered with 18mm t+g chipboard flooring. If I run the
cable through a plastic tubing first, then under the insulation, can anyone
see a problem with this. Beneath the 4 inch insulation is a concrete base.
The idea is to put electric sockets at the opposite side of the room to
were they are now.

Should be ok. Remeber to de-rate the cable current carrying capacity due
to its being burried in insulation.

--
Cheers,

John.

Neil

Neil wrote:

I would like to run an electric cable under a 4 inch insulated floor.

Should be ok. Remeber to de-rate the cable current carrying capacity due
to its being burried in insulation.

--
Cheers,

John.

Thanks John.
Its only another socket for computer.
Neil

Bob Eager

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:03:17 UTC, "Neil"
wrote:

I would like to run an electric cable under a 4 inch insulated floor.

Should be ok. Remeber to de-rate the cable current carrying capacity due
to its being burried in insulation.

Its only another socket for computer.

If it's to a socket, it still needs to be derated in case something else
is plugged in. This means that you may need to use heavier cable.

If you don't understand this, get someone in!

http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com
Neil

If it's to a socket, it still needs to be derated in case something else
is plugged in. This means that you may need to use heavier cable.

If you don't understand this, get someone in!

I have put the pipe in with a length of rope to pull cable through but will
use electrician to make sure it is done correctly.
Thanks to all for putting me right.

Neil