Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Holub Wire Stripper

I have an old Holub brand model 18-225 romax wire stripper which is
fantastic for working with romax. I would like to find one for my son. A
web search shows up nothing. Anybody have any knowledge of this company?
Thanks.

Mike D.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Mike Dobony" wrote:

I have an old Holub brand model 18-225 romax wire stripper which is
fantastic for working with romax. I would like to find one for my son. A
web search shows up nothing. Anybody have any knowledge of this company?
Thanks.

Mike D.

Not really. It shows up on a couple electrical supply house
listings: http://tinyurl.com/25qwof http://tinyurl.com/25cd9v
Ebay has a couple listings but not for wire strippers. Nothing on
Amazon.

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
t...
I have an old Holub brand model 18-225 romax wire stripper which is
fantastic for working with romax. I would like to find one for my son. A
web search shows up nothing. Anybody have any knowledge of this company?
Thanks.

Mike D.

Holub is now owned by Thomas and Betts. Here is their catalog and it is in
there.
http://www-public.tnb.com/contractor...ectricians.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
t...
I have an old Holub brand model 18-225 romax wire stripper which is
fantastic for working with romax. I would like to find one for my son.
web search shows up nothing. Anybody have any knowledge of this company?
Thanks.

Mike D.

Holub is now owned by Thomas and Betts. Here is their catalog and it is
in
there.
http://www-public.tnb.com/contractor...ectricians.pdf

: ( The stripper is no longer available. This is such a handy item! One
small tool slices the outer casing and the individual wires inside. I guess
I need to keep my eyes open at the flea markets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I guess they need to update their catalog. You could try calling some
electrical supply companies to see if they still have the tool in their
inventories. In addition to flea markets check out ads for contractors
going out of business.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 07:40:25 -0500, "John Grabowski"
wrote:

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
et...

[...]

If what you are looking for is a stripper that strips off the outer
romex jacket, and then can strip the individual wires, Ideal makes
one:

http://www.mytoolstore.com/ideal/ide11-07.html

I have one I bought at a the borg...works really well. It does 12-2
w/g and 14-2 w/g.

HTH,

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike Dobony, Wilmon wrote:
sword wrote:

I have an old Holub brand model 18-225 romax wire stripper which is
fantastic for working with romax. I would like to find one for my son. A
web search shows up nothing. Anybody have any knowledge of this company?
Thanks.
Mike D.

I have a HOLUB 223 romex cable stripper about 40 years old. Looks like
one side is about 2" vertical
then a 45 degree to right about 2" then vertical again about 2"
It does 12 & 14 on one end and 10 on the other. I need new blades.

Posted to alt.home.repair

sword wrote:

I have an old Holub brand model 18-225 romax wire stripper which is
fantastic for working with romax. I would like to find one for my
son. A web search shows up nothing. Anybody have any knowledge
of this company? Thanks. Mike D.

I have a HOLUB 223 romex cable stripper about 40 years old. Looks
like one side is about 2" vertical then a 45 degree to right about 2"
then vertical again about 2" It does 12 & 14 on one end and 10 on the
other. I need new blades.

The one I've had for years is manufactured by Klein Tools. ^_^

http://www.builderdepot.com/browse.i...dstoreid=10414

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m7ye3s9

Here's a link to Romex strippers from different manufacturers:

https://www.thefind.com/hardware/info-romex-stripper

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike Dobony, Mary wrote:
I recently got one of these at a yard sale, ITT Holub 18-225 wire gauge and
stripper. Will be listing it on eBay later today.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...er-200031-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
es es is offline

replying to Mike Dobony, es wrote:
Saw one go for $9.99 on ebay. Probably the place to look.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-200031-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Wilmon, Paul wrote:
Where do I buy the blades?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-200031-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike Dobony, Paul wrote:
Blackburn 18-223,item# 10485929,Thomas & Betts,Memphis,Tenn.,(888) 257-5288.
(note:they don't sell the blades!)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-200031-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike Dobony, Eric wrote:
I have one, says holub 224, on side, good condition. What would you want to
pay for it?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-200031-.htm

A decent automatic wire stripper. Sylvain VAN DER WALDE UK diy 4 February 2nd 07 05:14 PM
Steam stripper F UK diy 6 September 14th 06 06:31 PM
Paint Stripper again Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 5 September 6th 06 10:42 PM
Best paint stripper? Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 9 August 20th 06 12:15 AM
Fixing a Thomas and Betts Self-adjusting Wire Stripper. meirman Electronics Repair 0 March 27th 05 05:55 AM