meirman

Default Fixing a Thomas and Betts Self-adjusting Wire Stripper.

Does anyone have a Thomas and Betts Self-adjusting Wire Stripper?

I have one that needs repair. It looks like it is a very expensive
device, and I'd like to fix it. It does everything but cut through the
insulation with the inner jaws.

I'm thinking that what looked like crud between the tops of the teeth
and the outside of each jaw was the remains of foam rubber or
something that has to be there. Not that it was an empty space that
got filled with crud when earlier there was nothing. There are two
spaces about 1/16" thick and as almost as wide as the inner jaws.

Does anyone know?

Do you know what would be the appropriate material to stuff in the
foam rubber? rubber pad? hard rubber pad?

Thanks.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether