Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SawsStopsCruds and that ilk

A note or two about promoting products here and the puppet shills that pile
on:

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.
2/ Shills morph faster than we can change our shorts.

Those of you who come here for information, beware of sales pitches. If
they pitch here, they are desperate because they are selling crap.

Those of you who come here to abuse this forum, a pox on you. As to your
shills, pox squared.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
news
A note or two about promoting products here and the puppet shills that pile
on:

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.
2/ Shills morph faster than we can change our shorts.

Those of you who come here for information, beware of sales pitches. If
they pitch here, they are desperate because they are selling crap.

Those of you who come here to abuse this forum, a pox on you. As to your
shills, pox squared.

Charlie Morgan, for example.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 21:13:35 -0500, "Charles Schuler"

wrote:

A note or two about promoting products here and the puppet shills that
pile
on:

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.
2/ Shills morph faster than we can change our shorts.

Those of you who come here for information, beware of sales pitches. If
they pitch here, they are desperate because they are selling crap.

Those of you who come here to abuse this forum, a pox on you. As to your
shills, pox squared.

You should probably go away. You should not ever consider coming back. You
have
jumped the shark.

Up yours, Charlie.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charlie Morgan has been nominated for "Shill of the year."

Posted to alt.home.repair

shill n : a decoy who acts as an enthusiastic customer in order to stimulate
the participation of others

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
shill n : a decoy who acts as an enthusiastic customer in order to
stimulate the participation of others

Here are the weasel words of a transparent shill:

"I'm not in the cabinet-making business but this amazing 10-inch table saw
make
me want to again acquire a table saw. I'm sure I'd have to get a second
mortgage. (I have NO idea the cost, but I'm sure it isn't cheap.)

I work for the phone company and don't even own a table or radial-arm saw
and,
therefore, have no interest in this company or product beyond how COOL it
would be to have this tool! Enjoy!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
news
A note or two about promoting products here and the puppet shills that pile
on:

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.
2/ Shills morph faster than we can change our shorts.

Those of you who come here for information, beware of sales pitches. If
they pitch here, they are desperate because they are selling crap.

Those of you who come here to abuse this forum, a pox on you. As to your
shills, pox squared.

And the stupid shills continue to chime in with their pathetic and redundant
garbage. (Funk, skunk, who the hell cares)

THIS FORUM is not for advertising. Case closed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Add "Bob" to the shill list.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 9:13 pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
A note or two about promoting products here and the puppet shills that pile
on:

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.
2/ Shills morph faster than we can change our shorts.

Those of you who come here for information, beware of sales pitches. If
they pitch here, they are desperate because they are selling crap.

Those of you who come here to abuse this forum, a pox on you. As to your
shills, pox squared.

It's all fine and dandy to have your personal conspiracy theories, but
you're simply deluded about the posts regarding the SawStop. Jim
Redelfs has posted on this newsgroup just as much as you have, and if
you add Jim's and your total numbers of postings to this group, and
tripled it, you'd be near what I've posted on this newsgroup. There's
no shilling going on. The only thing that is happening is a crotchety
person with no information is expressing their vituperative opinion
and casting aspersions on newsgroup regulars. Right, I'm talking
about you. As far as I'm concerned, you are a newbie exhibiting bad
manners.

If you want to play spam cop, you'd better brush up on your detective
work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

oups.com...
wrote:
[...]

You better brush up on the rules of this group ... IT IS NOT FOR SELLING or
PROMOTING.

I don't give a **** about manners or your stupid statistics about postings
which are totally wrong, by the way. **** off shill!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charles Schuler wrote:
Add "Bob" to the shill list.

KISS OFF .. MORON !! !! !!
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's all fine and dandy to have your personal conspiracy theories, but

USENET

"That these customs and traditions began when Usenet was much smaller and
quite different in nature in no way lessens the anger many users feel when
these customs and traditions are violated.

One such custom is the tradition and belief that it is rude to advertise
for profit in Usenet newsgroups.

Advertising is widely seen as an 'off-topic' intrusion into the
discussions of any particular newsgroup (newsgroup is the Usenet word for
discussion group or bulletin board). Each newsgroup has a specific set of
subjects it is intended to cover, and in order for newsgroups to function
as effective discussion forums, it is important that people stay
'on-topic'. If everyone disregarded the particular topics each newsgroup
is intended to cover and simply posted whatever they wanted wherever they
want, the entire system would break down.

Due to the decentralized nature of Usenet, there is no one person or body
which can "enforce" the custom of staying on-topic. It falls on each
user to help preserve the culture of open discussion and free speech that
Usenet has come to embody by not posting off-topic material.

This, of course, includes advertising. Advertising is by far the most
pervasive form of off-topic posting, and therefore, gets most of the heat."

As it well should (get the heat). As this group degrades to condoning
commercials, many of us will be somewhere else. I am at the door.

The amazingly stupid commercials make it even worse. Table saws tested with
hot dogs, indeed! Only an idiot would even mention something like that.

As the ridiculous ads and the even more ridiculous shills pop up like ugly
weeds, it is probably time for a thinking person to move on. Have fun. I
am at the door, as mentioned above. Yeah, I know ... don't let it hit me in
the ass.

If you think the ads are OK, then enjoy them but know that more and more are
on the way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

As the ridiculous ads and the even more ridiculous shills pop up like ugly
weeds, it is probably time for a thinking person to move on. Have fun. I
am at the door, as mentioned above. Yeah, I know ... don't let it hit me in
the ass.

If you think the ads are OK, then enjoy them but know that more and more are
on the way.

'bye .. .. .. MORON !! !! !!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"__ Bob __" wrote in message

As the ridiculous ads and the even more ridiculous shills pop up like
ugly
weeds, it is probably time for a thinking person to move on. Have fun.
am at the door, as mentioned above. Yeah, I know ... don't let it hit me
in
the ass.

If you think the ads are OK, then enjoy them but know that more and more
are
on the way.

'bye .. .. .. MORON !! !! !!

If I am a moron, then you are a slug. Bye.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"__ Bob __" wrote in message
Charles Schuler wrote:
Add "Bob" to the shill list.

KISS OFF .. MORON !! !! !!

Kiss my ass you slug shill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 10:37 pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

oups.com...

wrote:
[...]

I'll type slowly and use short words so you can keep up, Chuck. The
OP recently became aware of the SawStop. He shared his finding.

Next time you're feeling on your high horse, why don't you start
bitching at people that use, heaven forbid, _actual_ manufacturers'
names in their posts! That's obviously promoting, probably is
selling, which must mean they're all _shills_! You've got your work
cut out for you, Lyle...errrr....Chuck, better not waste any time in
making a running joke out of yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

A note or two about promoting products here and the puppet shills that pile
on:

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.
2/ Shills morph faster than we can change our shorts.

Those of you who come here for information, beware of sales pitches. If
they pitch here, they are desperate because they are selling crap.

Those of you who come here to abuse this forum, a pox on you. As to your
shills, pox squared.

Jim Redelfs is a regular poster here, not a crackpot or a trouble
maker. I don't think people who meet that description can fairly be
called spammers or shills.

And even though there is a general Usenet rule about promoting
merchandise, I don't think that applies to regular posters who are
actually acquainted with something relevant to the group. Power tools
are definitely relevant, and I'm happy to hear about good ones. Every
rule has to be interpreted in context.

Did you hear the story about the two black-jack dealers in Las Vegas.
Tom gets tired of doing what he's doing and moves to Tuscon. Jake
comes to visit him the next year.

Tom owns a funeral home by this time, and Jake is impressed. But Tom
complaines he's doing badly, and not making any money.

What do you mean? Jake asks. You've got five corpses in your back
room.

Yeah, Tom replies, but 4 of them are shills.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 10:23 pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
Add "Bob" to the shill list.

Chuck, you're spamming. Your inane chatter about people shilling is
spam. You're taking up more bandwidth than all of the spammers on
this group. You are an obsessed spammer. You posted at 9:25p, 9:27p,
9:30p, 9:58p, 10:05p, and 10:23p and only two of those were replying
to anyone! One, to tell someone "up yours", and the other accusing
yet another person of being a shill.

Maybe you should take a little time off and decompress. I hear
Britney is looking for a roommate...

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Charles Schuler" wrote:

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.

You're kidding, right? Of course, you are probably NOT kidding. In that
case, you are simply ignorant.

My original post regarded the "new" TECHNOLOGY of the SawStopbrand of table
saw. I posted a link to their website and nothing more. No price, no
toll-free number, no shouting from the rooftops. I honestly disclaimed ANY
affiliation or other interest in the product beyond its interesting technology.

http://www.sawstop.com

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.

No more Hardie product discussion, Rheem HVAC systems, DeWalt tools, and the
like. Fat chance. Besides, this is usenet. *ANYTHING* goes, whether covered
or not in the original RFC.

Those of you who come here for information, beware of sales pitches.

Obviously, for you alone, that does NOT go without saying. For most others
with half a brain, it does. The concept predates modern civilization.

If they pitch here, they are desperate because they are selling crap.

There wasn't a SINGLE - not ONE - pitch in this particular topic.

Those of you who come here to abuse this forum, a pox on you.

You, sir, are more abusive of this newsgroup than most of its regular
participants as revealed by your latest rantings. Enjoy your pox.
--
sigh
JR
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Redelfs writes:

My original post regarded the "new" TECHNOLOGY of the SawStopbrand of table
saw. I posted a link to their website and nothing more. No price, no
toll-free number, no shouting from the rooftops. I honestly disclaimed ANY
affiliation or other interest in the product beyond its interesting technology.

Well, it isn't that new. I remember reading about it (complete with
hotdogs in demonstrations) years ago.

Posting a reference to a website and nothing else is usually the mark of
a spammer who cannot be bothered crafting a few lines of text relevant
to the group involved. So that made your posting look like spam, even
though it wasn't intended that way.

Spammers often disclaim any affiliation with the product, too.

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.

No more Hardie product discussion, Rheem HVAC systems, DeWalt tools, and the
like. Fat chance.

There's a difference between promotion and discussion. People generally
won't object to a review of products, or questions about products, but
anything that looks like advertising gets people upset.

Besides, this is usenet. *ANYTHING* goes, whether covered
or not in the original RFC.

There's no technical or legal restraint against posting just about
anything. But lots of people try to abide by the spirit of the group's
charter, whatever that is.

Dave