Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Martindale Dave Martindale is offline

Default SawsStopsCruds and that ilk

Jim Redelfs writes:

My original post regarded the "new" TECHNOLOGY of the SawStopbrand of table
saw. I posted a link to their website and nothing more. No price, no
toll-free number, no shouting from the rooftops. I honestly disclaimed ANY
affiliation or other interest in the product beyond its interesting technology.

Well, it isn't that new. I remember reading about it (complete with
hotdogs in demonstrations) years ago.

Posting a reference to a website and nothing else is usually the mark of
a spammer who cannot be bothered crafting a few lines of text relevant
to the group involved. So that made your posting look like spam, even
though it wasn't intended that way.

Spammers often disclaim any affiliation with the product, too.

1/ Products are not to be promoted here.

No more Hardie product discussion, Rheem HVAC systems, DeWalt tools, and the
like. Fat chance.

There's a difference between promotion and discussion. People generally
won't object to a review of products, or questions about products, but
anything that looks like advertising gets people upset.

Besides, this is usenet. *ANYTHING* goes, whether covered
or not in the original RFC.

There's no technical or legal restraint against posting just about
anything. But lots of people try to abide by the spirit of the group's
charter, whatever that is.

Dave