Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this thing for?

This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what this
is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am curious
and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 23, 9:37 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what this
is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am curious
and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

MC

Probably used to pull the turkey support out of a big turkey fryer?
Can't tell how big it is by the photo, but if it is between 8-12"
overall length, it would make sense.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what
this is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am
curious and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

MC

A hook to pull the cap off your septic tank?
(I was going to say something tasteless about pregnancies, but thought
better of it).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 23, 9:37 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what
this
is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am
curious
and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

MC

Probably used to pull the turkey support out of a big turkey fryer?
Can't tell how big it is by the photo, but if it is between 8-12"
overall length, it would make sense.

JK

about 24" total length. There is no fryer in the kitchen. Only stove top,
oven and indoor BBQ grill.

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 23, 10:37 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what this
is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

It could be 5th wheel puller. Did the previous owner have a 5th wheel
trailer?
-----

gpsman

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 23, 10:37 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
"Big_Jake" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 23, 9:37 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what
this
is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am
curious
and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

MC

Probably used to pull the turkey support out of a big turkey fryer?
Can't tell how big it is by the photo, but if it is between 8-12"
overall length, it would make sense.

JK

about 24" total length. There is no fryer in the kitchen. Only stove top,
oven and indoor BBQ grill.

MC

Bigger than what I was thinking. A turkey fryer is a stand-alone
outdoor cooker, portable and if they owned one, they probably took it
with them.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:51:45 -0600, "Steve Barker"
wrote:

Actually, it looks like a piece of traction equipment from a hospital.

--
Steve Barker

Its stainless steel. No scars or pitting from rough heavy use or
chemicals. A hand tool to lift no more than 50 pounds or so. Looks
like something from a commercial food preparation equipment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what
this is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am
curious and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

Oh wonderful- now I am gonna go crazy all weekend trying to figure it out.
:^/

Do you happen to know what previous owner did for a living? That may be a
clue.

I was gonna say retrieval handle for some sort of submersible pump, but they
wouldn't use stainless for that. Maybe a tool to pull tires out of a rack,
like out back at a tire store? Shove the hook between the tires, and rotate
to catch the bead?

You will post the answer when you find it, right? IIRC, somebody in an old
thread had a link to a weird tool website with pictures of mystery tools,
but I didn't keep the link.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what
this is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am
curious and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

MC

For dragging bodies out of car trunks without messing up his hands. Be nice
to the previous owner and don't ask too many questions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

MiamiCuse wrote:
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what this
is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am curious
and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

MC

Hanger for a hammock? The triangle end isn't likely to be a "handle",
or it wouldn't have the straight piece up the center. Looks like
something that could have had straps fastened on that end.

Something you would use to hang game to clean it?

Fasten a long rubber band to junior's trike and hook it to the mailbox
so he can't get lost?

I dunno.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
[...]

Previous owner was an engineer. But he retired 30 years ago. That tool was
not sitting on a shelf, it was "hooked" onto a crank arm of a awning window,
and dangling there.

Np septic tank, well not now anyways, it is on city sewer.

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

Looks like a kind of pallet hook,
although it might be somewhat small.
If it was hooked near an adjustable
awning, it could have been used
to adjust said awning .... maybe not the
exactly right tool, but one that
was substituted ..... just a guess.

MiamiCuse wrote:
wrote in message
"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

It looks like the hooks used in the warehouse for moving a stack of milk
crates. They always hang them for better visualization.

--
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate and Starbucks!!
BetsyB

MiamiCuse wrote:
wrote in message
"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 23, 10:37 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what
this
is for?

It's called a bull hook. You tie a rope to the round handle. You shove the
hook up a bull's ass, and he'll follow you anywhere, but has to walk
backwards. This is the first chromed one I have seen.

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have personally used a device similar to this. Milk delivery
people use such a hook. Allows you to pull a stack of milk crates
which are on a small wheeled dolly. You can't push the milk, or
it will fall over.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
: This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any
idea what this
: is for?
:
: