Posted to alt.home.repair
betsyb betsyb is offline

Default What is this thing for?

It looks like the hooks used in the warehouse for moving a stack of milk
crates. They always hang them for better visualization.

--
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate and Starbucks!!
BetsyB

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
Looks like a kind of pallet hook, although it might be somewhat small.
If it was hooked near an adjustable awning, it could have been used
to adjust said awning .... maybe not the exactly right tool, but one that
was substituted ..... just a guess.

MiamiCuse wrote:
wrote in message
"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
This is a tool left in the garage by the previous owner. Any idea what
this is for?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P1000578.jpg

I can call the previous owner and find out, but at this point, I am
curious and wanted to solve it myself, with your help.

Oh wonderful- now I am gonna go crazy all weekend trying to figure it
out. :^/

Do you happen to know what previous owner did for a living? That may be
a clue.

I was gonna say retrieval handle for some sort of submersible pump, but
they wouldn't use stainless for that. Maybe a tool to pull tires out of
a rack, like out back at a tire store? Shove the hook between the tires,
and rotate to catch the bead?

You will post the answer when you find it, right? IIRC, somebody in an
old thread had a link to a weird tool website with pictures of mystery
tools, but I didn't keep the link.

aem sends...

Previous owner was an engineer. But he retired 30 years ago. That tool
was not sitting on a shelf, it was "hooked" onto a crank arm of a awning
window, and dangling there.

Np septic tank, well not now anyways, it is on city sewer.

MC