granpaw

Default what is this thing

anyone got an idea what this thing is?
http://northwisc.com/whatsit/whatsit.html
had this thing laying around the shop a couple of years now, thought I'd
have a use for it by now..

granpaw
lionslair at consolidated dot net

granpaw wrote:

anyone got an idea what this thing is?
http://northwisc.com/whatsit/whatsit.html
had this thing laying around the shop a couple of years now, thought I'd
have a use for it by now..

granpaw

My guess :

Take a cable or rope. Put a knot on the end. (buckle for the cable.)
Pass the cable through the slot with the knot in the 'center' section - tight
up the slotted straight. Then using the arm as a crank and holding the other
straight - rotate as a brace with a bit in it.

? That is what popped into my mind. Likely something like that - or
maybe it is a sprinkler key -

slide the slot over a handle (single sided) and the center of the pipe over the shaft.
Rotate as a brace - turn on or off the 'water'.....

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Rich Grise

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:58:22 -0500, granpaw wrote:

anyone got an idea what this thing is?
http://northwisc.com/whatsit/whatsit.html had this thing laying around the
shop a couple of years now, thought I'd have a use for it by now..

granpaw

Submit it to the guy who runs http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/ - once
a week, on news:rec.puzzles, he puts up some new unknown stuff, and
usually crossposts, but I don't know if he usually includes r.c.m
in the crosspost. The subject line is always "What Is It roman
numeral"

Somebody, somewhere on the planet, might know what it is!

Good Luck!
Rich