Posted to alt.home.repair
jst jst is offline

Default Wood filler for around toilet

I had to cut out the floor around my toilet for a replacement
installation. An old plumber up the street told me to seal the gaps in
the wood with " smooth stone ". He didn't know a current brand name and
he is in his 70's and has been out of the game for a while. What is the
current product to seal wood gaps around a toilet.

By the way the old guy was invaluable with his help and information.
Posted to alt.home.repair

been using silicone around toilet bases.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jst" wrote in message
I had to cut out the floor around my toilet for a replacement installation.
An old plumber up the street told me to seal the gaps in the wood with "
smooth stone ". He didn't know a current brand name and he is in his 70's
and has been out of the game for a while. What is the current product to
seal wood gaps around a toilet.

By the way the old guy was invaluable with his help and information.

Maybe he should be working at a hardware store or plumbing supply place.
Considering the unbelievable stupidity I've heard from retail help over the
past few years, that old guy's advice is worth money these days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd need a picture to see for sure what you are talking about.
However, I find that DAP's plastic wood is an excellent wood filler.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd need a picture to see for sure what you are talking about.
However, I find that DAP's plastic wood is an excellent wood filler.

A picture of what? The product he's talking about, or the product in use
after being applied?

And, does plastic wood remain flexible after it dries, or does it become
hard?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd need a picture to see for sure what you are talking about.
However, I find that DAP's plastic wood is an excellent wood filler.

A picture of what? The product he's talking about, or the product in use
after being applied?

And, does plastic wood remain flexible after it dries, or does it become
hard?

Plastic Wood remains hard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd need a picture to see for sure what you are talking about.
However, I find that DAP's plastic wood is an excellent wood filler.

A picture of what? The product he's talking about, or the product in use
after being applied?

And, does plastic wood remain flexible after it dries, or does it become
hard?

Plastic Wood remains hard.

In that case, I don't think you'd want it where the toilet meets the floor.
Even if it's not obvious, toilets sometimes shift very slightly, so you'd
want a sealer that remains a little flexible. Also, I plastic wood probably
won't hold up well with moisture, like when you're washing the floor.

wood filler Lee Woodworking 7 February 8th 07 06:53 PM
Wood filler Dave Woodworking 11 October 27th 06 10:09 PM
Wood filler David Todtman Woodworking 6 June 29th 06 06:04 PM
Using wood filler Don Dando Woodworking 3 March 30th 06 01:21 AM
Making wood filler Steve Goodin Woodworking 7 December 9th 03 09:26 PM