Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wood filler for around toilet

"jst" wrote in message
I had to cut out the floor around my toilet for a replacement installation.
An old plumber up the street told me to seal the gaps in the wood with "
smooth stone ". He didn't know a current brand name and he is in his 70's
and has been out of the game for a while. What is the current product to
seal wood gaps around a toilet.

By the way the old guy was invaluable with his help and information.

Maybe he should be working at a hardware store or plumbing supply place.
Considering the unbelievable stupidity I've heard from retail help over the
past few years, that old guy's advice is worth money these days.