Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Beginner's Tiling Book?

I'm replacing the faucet and valve in my bathtub and need to pull out
the tile and put backerboard where there's sheetrock and put the tile
back. This is a big job for me as I've never done anything like it
before.

Can anyone recommend a good book on tiling for beginners? I know
nothing so I need something very step by step with nothing left out
including information about putting in the backerboard.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe Moe is offline

wrote
I'm replacing the faucet and valve in my bathtub and need to pull out
the tile and put backerboard where there's sheetrock and put the tile
back. This is a big job for me as I've never done anything like it
before.

Can anyone recommend a good book on tiling for beginners? I know
nothing so I need something very step by step with nothing left out
including information about putting in the backerboard.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

John

I bought a book a few years back, and it's excellent. It's "Setting Tile"
by Michael Byrne (1995 ed.). It even has a section on installing backer
board, which you seem to be looking for also. Along with 3 or 4 pages on
finishing the substrate.

I got it off of half.com, cheap. I just looked, you can get one like new
condition, from $4.34-9.99 range.
http://product.half.ebay.com/Setting...foQQprZ1109471

Beginner's cutoff problems David Kazdan Metalworking 12 January 2nd 06 08:35 PM
Beginner's Lathe Projects fatpie Metalworking 15 December 3rd 05 08:00 AM
Beginner's tools Mark Tetrault Woodturning 4 September 27th 05 04:56 PM
Beginner's Projects Jeff Metalworking 9 June 10th 05 03:25 AM
Beginner's Question buck Woodturning 1 October 27th 04 07:29 AM