Junior Member

Unhappy No Gas coming out of one side of gas hob

I recently cleaned my moffat cooker and since then only one side of the gas hob has been working. It is a fitted cooker and hob and the rest of the cooker is fine. Though when i turn the nob to apply gas to one side nothing at all, yet the other side is working fine. Can any one shed any light on this pleaseeeee. Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No Gas coming out of one side of gas hob

ellejohn wrote:

I recently cleaned my moffat cooker and since then only one side of the
gas hob has been working. It is a fitted cooker and hob and the rest of
the cooker is fine. Though when i turn the nob to apply gas to one side
nothing at all, yet the other side is working fine. Can any one shed
any light on this pleaseeeee. Thanks

Might you have gotten water/soap/gunk into the tiny gas orifice?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Jim
ellejohn wrote:

I recently cleaned my moffat cooker and since then only one side of the
gas hob has been working. It is a fitted cooker and hob and the rest of
the cooker is fine. Though when i turn the nob to apply gas to one side
nothing at all, yet the other side is working fine. Can any one shed
any light on this pleaseeeee. Thanks

Might you have gotten water/soap/gunk into the tiny gas orifice?

i may have but i dont think so i will try having a look to see thanks

gas hob pressure dme UK diy 4 September 1st 06 10:09 PM
Built in gas oven under a inset gas hob Chris Cowley UK diy 13 March 23rd 06 11:35 PM
Gas hob over dischwasher?? timdog UK diy 7 January 23rd 06 09:59 PM
Gas hob al UK diy 13 April 21st 05 05:08 PM
Gas Hob With Lid Andrew Carr UK diy 10 November 23rd 04 11:00 PM