Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't get my nail gun and air compressor to work

I ecently purchased a RONA air compressor and nailer for some trim
jobs at home. I've run through all the instructions and completed the
15 min setup, filled the nailer, adjusted the pressure and nothing -
the gun won't fire. There doesn't appear to be a safety on the nailer
and I've checked the manual multiple times.

The connections seem to be OK but it seems like there's no pressure
coming through the hose but I can't be sure.

I've never used a compressor at home, only in a workshop so I'm new to
this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

Kathy

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I ecently purchased a RONA air compressor and nailer for some trim
jobs at home. I've run through all the instructions and completed the
15 min setup, filled the nailer, adjusted the pressure and nothing -
the gun won't fire. There doesn't appear to be a safety on the nailer
and I've checked the manual multiple times.

The connections seem to be OK but it seems like there's no pressure
coming through the hose but I can't be sure.

I've never used a compressor at home, only in a workshop so I'm new to
this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Does the guage show pressure?
Does air escape when you plug/unplug the nailer from the hose?

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 14, 3:06 pm, wrote:
I ecently purchased a RONA air compressor and nailer for some trim
jobs at home. I've run through all the instructions and completed the
15 min setup, filled the nailer, adjusted the pressure and nothing -
the gun won't fire. There doesn't appear to be a safety on the nailer
and I've checked the manual multiple times.

The connections seem to be OK but it seems like there's no pressure
coming through the hose but I can't be sure.

I've never used a compressor at home, only in a workshop so I'm new to
this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

Kathy

with the compressor on , and the gun attached , press the nose of the
gun against a scrap piece of lumber and pull the trigger.

Does the gun cycle ?

does the compressor cycle on /off and does the pressure guage show
pressure.

have you set the delivery pressure ? My compressor has a guage that
shows the tank pressure and a marking on the adjusting dial to show
the delivery pressure.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 14, 3:06 pm, wrote:
I ecently purchased a RONA air compressor and nailer for some trim
jobs at home. I've run through all the instructions and completed the
15 min setup, filled the nailer, adjusted the pressure and nothing -
the gun won't fire. There doesn't appear to be a safety on the nailer
and I've checked the manual multiple times.

The connections seem to be OK but it seems like there's no pressure
coming through the hose but I can't be sure.

I've never used a compressor at home, only in a workshop so I'm new to
this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

Kathy

Nail guns won't fire unless the nose piece is placed on the work and
FULLY depressed and then the trigger is depressed. That is the single
fire mode. In the automatic mode the trigger is held down and the gun
fires by depressing the nose piece against the work and it fires when
fully depressed. Check which mode your tool is set for and try it
again...I'll bet it works now, right? HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 14, 10:55 pm, wrote:
On 14 Feb 2007 13:06:31 -0800, wrote:

I ecently purchased aRONAair compressor and nailer for some trim
jobs at home. I've run through all the instructions and completed the
15 min setup, filled the nailer, adjusted the pressure and nothing -
the gun won't fire. There doesn't appear to be a safety on the nailer
and I've checked the manual multiple times.

The connections seem to be OK but it seems like there's no pressure
coming through the hose but I can't be sure.

I've never used a compressor at home, only in a workshop so I'm new to
this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, the compressory cycles on and off.
I did have the air pressure adjusted to the recommended level (on the
tank gauge), and I also depressed the nailer against the trim -
neither worked. It seems most likely that I need to check the valve
that regulates the air flow since I don't seem to be getting any.
There is another gauge which I believe regulates the air pressure to
the hose but I don't remember seeing any way of adjusting it. I'll go
back and check this evening.

Thanks again.

Kathy

Kathy

Two things come to mind:

First, the compressor likely has a valve which regulates the flow of
air into the line -- make sure that it is open.

Second -- to fire, the point of the nailer must be depressed.
Press the gun down against the material you are nailing, then
pull the trigger.

Failing those two, go back toRona.

Ken