Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Can't get my nail gun and air compressor to work

On Feb 14, 3:06 pm, wrote:
I ecently purchased a RONA air compressor and nailer for some trim
jobs at home. I've run through all the instructions and completed the
15 min setup, filled the nailer, adjusted the pressure and nothing -
the gun won't fire. There doesn't appear to be a safety on the nailer
and I've checked the manual multiple times.

The connections seem to be OK but it seems like there's no pressure
coming through the hose but I can't be sure.

I've never used a compressor at home, only in a workshop so I'm new to
this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

Kathy

Nail guns won't fire unless the nose piece is placed on the work and
FULLY depressed and then the trigger is depressed. That is the single
fire mode. In the automatic mode the trigger is held down and the gun
fires by depressing the nose piece against the work and it fires when
fully depressed. Check which mode your tool is set for and try it
again...I'll bet it works now, right? HTH

Joe