Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot Genius

Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw that same picture at least 5 years ago. Looked contrived then too.
"lee houston" wrote in message
. net...
Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 12, 5:52 pm, "Toller" wrote:
I saw that same picture at least 5 years ago. Looked contrived then too."lee houston" wrote in message

. net...

Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl.../home_depo...- Hide quoted text -

I've had some of my best times just sitting in the parking lot and
watching people trying to load lumber into cars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"lee houston" wrote in message
. net...
Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html

That thing's so old it's got gray hairs. All you have to do is look at the
front and rear tires and how out of proportion they look to tell that photo
is fake.

Posted to alt.home.repair

that picture's been floating around the internet for at least 5 years. I'm
sure there was no home depot involved. It's a staged photo.

--
Steve Barker

"lee houston" wrote in message
. net...
Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot Genius - its for real

Here is a link to more on what are real photos.

There are multiple pictures from a few different angles with references to
news clippings

The car could have been planted somehow but the lumber really was on the car
in that parking lot.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

"lee houston" wrote in message
. net...
Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Feb 12, 5:52 pm, "Toller" wrote:

I saw that same picture at least 5 years ago. Looked contrived then too."lee houston" wrote in message

y.net...

Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl.../home_depo...- Hide quoted text -

I've had some of my best times just sitting in the parking lot and
watching people trying to load lumber into cars.

Almost as entertaining as a State boat launch.

Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair
Evo Evo is offline

lee houston wrote:

Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html
This is an Illegal Mexican Californian Handy Man Inc.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

"lee houston" wrote in message
. net...
Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html

That thing's so old it's got gray hairs. All you have to do is look at
the front and rear tires and how out of proportion they look to tell that
photo is fake.

There is a good website called snopes.com that debunks urban legends..

Turns out this one is true.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

djay

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Steve Barker" wrote:
that picture's been floating around the internet for at least 5 years. I'm
sure there was no home depot involved. It's a staged photo.

Nope, it's true.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 6:18�am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "Steve Barker" wrote:that picture's been floating around the internet for at least 5 years. *I'm
sure there was no home depot involved. *It's a staged photo.

Nope, it's true.http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

--
Regards,
* * * * Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)

OLD NEWS, last time I saw that picture the lumber was loaded at
builders square a now out of business company before home depot was
around here

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:17:17 -0600, "Steve Barker"
wrote:

Snopes is not ALWAYS accurate either.

Really? can you cite some specific examples?

Sure, he
http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

They seem to do a pretty good job of fact checking from multiple
sources. They are cautious about declaring anything "true" or "false"
that can't be confirmed from multiple sources. This particular item
was classified as a "maybe" for quite a while before they were able to
get better confirmation. In this specific case, they even provide
newspaper accounts and other photos.

CWM

Yep, they sure do. ;-)

--
Grandpa
Posted to alt.home.repair

One in particular that came up recently is their claim that domestic abuse
cases don't rise in numbers on super bowl Sunday. My son is in law
enforcement, and has always told us superbowl Sunday is their biggest
domestic abuse day of the year. So, if you can't believe that one, which
ones can you believe? That lumber on the car deal is purely staged. No one
would do that for anyother reason, and no one would allow someone to do that
for any other reason.

--
Steve Barker

wrote:

Snopes is not ALWAYS accurate either.

Really? can you cite some specific examples?

They seem to do a pretty good job of fact checking from multiple
sources. They are cautious about declaring anything "true" or "false"
that can't be confirmed from multiple sources. This particular item
was classified as a "maybe" for quite a while before they were able to
get better confirmation. In this specific case, they even provide
newspaper accounts and other photos.

CWM

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's a good one. And as a photography buff, i can assure you, a zebra is
a zebra in B&W also. What a bunch of crap!

--
Steve Barker

"Grandpa" wrote in message
Sure, he
http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

--
Grandpa

Posted to alt.home.repair

So basically what snopes is saying is "Hey we might be right, maybe not".
After all it IS the internet. I don't believe a word of what I see on it.

--

wrote:

Snopes is not ALWAYS accurate either.

Really? can you cite some specific examples?

Sure, he
http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

Now go to the page that leads to that one!

http://www.snopes.com/lost

CWM

Posted to alt.home.repair

And YOU can continue to believe everything you read on the internet.

--
Steve Barker

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news

Please be my guest, and continue to stumble arond in the dark,
suffering from self inflicted injuries.

CWM

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news

And of course you can substantiate this with more than one source?
Statistics?

yes, there are plenty. Do your homework.

Maybe (doubtful) in your son's locale it's true, but that wouldn't
change much of anything. Then again, maybe your son likes to make
things up, or mindlessly repeat things someone else told him without
checking them out. I'd appreciate a verifiable cite, even for your
son's locale. I'm pretty sure that's impossible!

and i'm pretty sure you're a nut.

CWM

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Steve Barker" wrote:
Snopes is not ALWAYS accurate either.

Did you actually look at Snopes' account of this? If that's not accurate, then
they sure went to a lot of trouble to manufacture their independent
corroboration.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:14:06 -0600, "Steve Barker"
wrote:

One in particular that came up recently is their claim that domestic abuse
cases don't rise in numbers on super bowl Sunday. My son is in law
enforcement, and has always told us superbowl Sunday is their biggest
domestic abuse day of the year. So, if you can't believe that one, which
ones can you believe? That lumber on the car deal is purely staged. No one
would do that for anyother reason, and no one would allow someone to do that
for any other reason.

You have a great deal of confidence in your own judgment.

It would be nice if it were justified.

--Goedjn

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Steve Barker" wrote:
That's a good one. And as a photography buff, i can assure you, a zebra is
a zebra in B&W also. What a bunch of crap!

Turn around and head back up the road a ways, Steve. You lost your sense of
humor somewhere back there...

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Steve Barker" wrote:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news

And of course you can substantiate this with more than one source?
Statistics?

yes, there are plenty. Do your homework.

In other words... you *can't* substantiate it.
Maybe (doubtful) in your son's locale it's true, but that wouldn't
change much of anything. Then again, maybe your son likes to make
things up, or mindlessly repeat things someone else told him without
checking them out. I'd appreciate a verifiable cite, even for your
son's locale. I'm pretty sure that's impossible!

and i'm pretty sure you're a nut.

You made the claim -- you back it up.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

On Feb 12, 5:26 pm, "lee houston" wrote:
Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...nius/home_depo...

I managed to haul a whole trunkload of concrete paving blocks home in
my Civic. Of course, now there are no bushings left in the rear lower
control arms. I mean, not a trace of rubber.

Posted to alt.home.repair

While I didn't expect an attack from you, I guess you're right Doug. I did
get caught up in it. G. This whole thread is a comedy.

--
Steve Barker

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
t...
In article , "Steve Barker"
wrote:
That's a good one. And as a photography buff, i can assure you, a zebra
is
a zebra in B&W also. What a bunch of crap!

Turn around and head back up the road a ways, Steve. You lost your sense
of
humor somewhere back there...

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Steve Barker" wrote:
While I didn't expect an attack from you, I guess you're right Doug. I did
get caught up in it. G. This whole thread is a comedy.

What, you think *that* was an attack?! You obviously haven't read any of my

My point simply was that the piece on Mr. Ed was an *obvious* farce... and you
took it seriously.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:26:05 GMT, "lee houston"
wrote:

Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html

HA HA HA HA HA!

Had to show the wifey this one.

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair

OHHhhhhhh. I C. G and yes, I've been monitoring yor responses to the
ill electrical advice. Thanks for hanging in there, it's amazing what some
people think is right or what they will do. I know I've learned a lot just
lurking here.

--
Steve Barker

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
My point simply was that the piece on Mr. Ed was an *obvious* farce... and
you
took it seriously.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"djay" wrote in message

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

"lee houston" wrote in message
. net...
Was this one of you guys? grin

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Fl...ot_genius.html

That thing's so old it's got gray hairs. All you have to do is look at
the front and rear tires and how out of proportion they look to tell that
photo is fake.

There is a good website called snopes.com that debunks urban legends..

Turns out this one is true.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

djay

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way, but in this case I confess
I was fooled. However I still have a hard time believing that a spontaneous
event like that spawned that many photos - unless the guy was doing this for
5 hours or something and then there'd be a hell of a lot more people around
him. And there has to be some 1000 lbs on that car's roof being held up
with twine?

I still say it's staged, but it happened, I was fooled.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:45:39 -0800, "Eigenvector"
wrote:
Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way, but in this case I confess
I was fooled. However I still have a hard time believing that a spontaneous
event like that spawned that many photos - unless the guy was doing this for
5 hours or something and then there'd be a hell of a lot more people around
him. And there has to be some 1000 lbs on that car's roof being held up
with twine?

I still say it's staged, but it happened, I was fooled.

The twine gets me. Acceleration of the car, bumps in the road, sudden
braking of the car and no State Troopers on the highway. The twine
held, right. HD should sell the twine and not give it out at the
door.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Eigenvector" wrote:

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , trainfan1 wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Eigenvector"

wrote:

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

You don't take that seriously, do you? I mean, come on. That page is an
obvious joke. Look at the page that it's linked from:
http://www.snopes.com/lost

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

trainfan1 wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

Rob

GMTA

But didn't we do this yesterday?
--
Grandpa
Posted to alt.home.repair

trainfan1 writes:
Doug Miller wrote:
"Eigenvector" wrote:
Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

http://www.snopes.com/lost/lost.htm

While it's true that the store is false, it's known and stated to be
false... or true... or... well, you know.

--
flip
Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,
Posted to alt.home.repair

Grandpa wrote:
trainfan1 wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

Rob

GMTA

But didn't we do this yesterday?

He asked...

Rob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , trainfan1 wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Eigenvector"

wrote:

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

You don't take that seriously, do you? I mean, come on.

As serious as the fact that the word "gullible" does not appear in any
english language dictionary, printed or online, or otherwise.

Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , trainfan1 wrote:
Grandpa wrote:
trainfan1 wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

Rob

GMTA

But didn't we do this yesterday?

He asked...

Rob

Fess up, now -- you took that Mister Ed stuff seriously, didn't you?

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

trainfan1 wrote:
Grandpa wrote:
trainfan1 wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

Rob

GMTA

But didn't we do this yesterday?

He asked...

Rob

I know. I posted that site the day before you did, just because he asked.
--
Grandpa
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:04:30 -0500, trainfan1
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , trainfan1 wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Eigenvector"

wrote:

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way,

Got an example?

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

You don't take that seriously, do you? I mean, come on.

As serious as the fact that the word "gullible" does not appear in any
english language dictionary, printed or online, or otherwise.

Rob

Actually, "gullible" means "Cardassian" and no, I'm not going to
explain that :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

that must be a fake.no way those little ropes could hold all that
weight.lucas

Home Depot Ha-Ha Al Bundy Home Repair 4 October 6th 06 05:17 AM
home depot SeaKan Home Repair 19 August 5th 06 03:23 PM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 2nd 06 11:06 PM
home depot Don Haynes Woodworking 50 May 17th 05 01:57 AM
Home Depot at home services, any good reports? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 20th 05 07:27 PM