Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No water coming from laundry room lines??

We used our machine a couple days ago. Worked fine. Today we went to
wash a load of clothes and the washer gave us a NF (NO FILL) error. WE
removed the hoses and checked them, they are fine. We turned the water
back on with no hose attached and no water came out. Does this sound
like a plumbing problem or washer problem? If this is plumbing what
would cause the lines to clog or freeze when all other lines in the
house are working fine?

Thanks!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

garynmisty wrote:

We used our machine a couple days ago. Worked fine. Today we went to
wash a load of clothes and the washer gave us a NF (NO FILL) error. WE
removed the hoses and checked them, they are fine. We turned the water
back on with no hose attached and no water came out. Does this sound
like a plumbing problem or washer problem? If this is plumbing what
would cause the lines to clog or freeze when all other lines in the
house are working fine?

Thanks!!!

If it's real cold where you are, they could easily have
frozen if the lines run someplace where cold air could leak in.

Play detetctive and follow the lines back to their source
(if that's possible).

If it *is* a freeze problem, you want to know because
pipes may have burst and a thaw will flood you out...

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"garynmisty" wrote in message
oups.com...
We used our machine a couple days ago. Worked fine. Today we went to
wash a load of clothes and the washer gave us a NF (NO FILL) error. WE
removed the hoses and checked them, they are fine. We turned the water
back on with no hose attached and no water came out. Does this sound
like a plumbing problem or washer problem? If this is plumbing what
would cause the lines to clog or freeze when all other lines in the
house are working fine?

If water comes out of the plumbing, it is a washer problem, most likely the
fill valves did not open. Could be the valves, could be the timer that
sends the signal for them to open.

Get a meter so you can see if the valves are getting electric when it should
be filling. You can find more information at www.applianceaid.com and
www.repairclinic.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 4, 7:47 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"garynmisty" wrote in message

oups.com...

We used our machine a couple days ago. Worked fine. Today we went to
wash a load of clothes and the washer gave us a NF (NO FILL) error. WE
removed the hoses and checked them, they are fine. We turned the water
back on with no hose attached and no water came out. Does this sound
like a plumbing problem or washer problem? If this is plumbing what
would cause the lines to clog or freeze when all other lines in the
house are working fine?

If water comes out of the plumbing, it is a washer problem, most likely the
fill valves did not open. Could be the valves, could be the timer that
sends the signal for them to open.

Get a meter so you can see if the valves are getting electric when it should
be filling. You can find more information atwww.applianceaid.comandwww.repairclinic.com

The problem is not with the washer. He says he pulled the hoses and
turned the water on. Nothing came out.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message

The problem is not with the washer. He says he pulled the hoses and
turned the water on. Nothing came out.

Right, I mis-read that. OTOH, if no water comes out of the line and you
can't figure out if it is the plumbing or the washer, you should not be
messing with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

The problem is not with the washer. He says he pulled the hoses and
turned the water on. Nothing came out.

Right, I mis-read that. OTOH, if no water comes out of the line and you
can't figure out if it is the plumbing or the washer, you should not be
messing with it.

I agree, sometimes "Fools rush in where angels dare to tread", but the
OP was only asking for advice on where the problem was likely to be located.

It would have been unproductive for him/her to call an appliance repair
guy in and have to pay for the service call to be told it was frozen pipes.

If the OP is still following this thread, it's a plumber of GOOD
handyman you should be seeking if you're still stumped.

Good luck,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4 Feb 2007 19:40:54 -0800, "garynmisty"
wrote:

We used our machine a couple days ago. Worked fine. Today we went to
wash a load of clothes and the washer gave us a NF (NO FILL) error. WE
removed the hoses and checked them, they are fine. We turned the water
back on with no hose attached and no water came out. Does this sound
like a plumbing problem or washer problem? If this is plumbing what
would cause the lines to clog or freeze when all other lines in the
house are working fine?

Thanks!!!

Do you have any areas where the piping runs that is potentially cold
enough to freeze?

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 4, 9:40 pm, "garynmisty" wrote:
We used our machine a couple days ago. Worked fine. Today we went to
wash a load of clothes and the washer gave us a NF (NO FILL) error. WE
removed the hoses and checked them, they are fine. We turned the water
back on with no hose attached and no water came out. Does this sound
like a plumbing problem or washer problem? If this is plumbing what
would cause the lines to clog or freeze when all other lines in the
house are working fine?

Thanks!!!

If the water line is not a quick disconnect fitting , you should be
getting water when the washer hose is disconnected .

That means there is a problem elsewhere. You need to follow the water
pipes back to the meter and see if there is a frozen spot. Assuming
you have had very cold weather overnight.

If the hot water isnt working either , it may make it easier since the
hot water line will run back to the water heater.

Watch for any water sounds or leaks since you may have a broken pipe
somewhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't forget that some new washer installations include an electric
solenoid that shuts the water off (upstream of the hoses) unless the
washer is drawing an electrical current. If the washer plugs into a
box instead of directly into a wall outlet, then the box may be
contributing to the issue.