Larry Davick

Default Laundry Room "Flood Saver"

I'm re-doing my laundry room and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with
"Flood Saver" washing machine drain pan?

http://www.floodsaver.com/

I had thought about simply installing a shower pan - it would be cheaper -
but this is specifically designed for laundry rooms. One of the things I
found most interesting is their method of preventing the P-trap from drying
out - use vegetable oil in the P-trap instead of water - it won't evaporate.

Any suggestions?

jeff

"Larry Davick" wrote in message . net...
I'm re-doing my laundry room and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with
"Flood Saver" washing machine drain pan?

http://www.floodsaver.com/

I had thought about simply installing a shower pan - it would be cheaper -
but this is specifically designed for laundry rooms. One of the things I
found most interesting is their method of preventing the P-trap from drying
out - use vegetable oil in the P-trap instead of water - it won't evaporate.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

This one is cheaper....
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2800

There is also some good flood stop preventers on the market....
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=916459

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
Dave

(jeff) wrote in message . com...
[...]

The floodstopper sensors here http://www.smartsensortechnologies.com
are more useful - they will shut off the water if there's a problem,
so there's no worry about your pan overflowing. Which can happen if
you're away for the day or weekend... I know from experience
Also, they provide whole room protection - say if you've got a water
heater and other appliances in the same room that can leak in addition
to your washing machine.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Combi Boiler and Room Thermostats Daern's Instant Fortress UK diy 5 May 10th 04 10:23 AM
Number and positioning of downlights in living room SPC UK diy 11 March 15th 04 10:01 PM
Internal room ventilation john UK diy 7 September 17th 03 08:11 PM
HWCH : Thermostat for one room Frank Z UK diy 3 July 31st 03 11:19 AM