Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any Pella part wizards here?

I have the Pella Designer casement windows. As I've mentioned in the
past, I have huge condensation problems with them even with very low
RH. I'm below the recommended 30% for 0-10F...and they still go crazy.
I have a few windows that aren't of this type, and they do just fine.
At some point, these windows just need to go.

The one thing I wanted to try is to see if the 3pane has less issues
than what is in there now (probably 2-pane). I've heard from a few
people that they've had some 3 and 2 pane Designers; their 2[anes had
issues, but the 3panes did not. Does anyone know if the 2pane and
3pane inner glass panes are interchangeable?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

I have the Pella Designer casement windows.
. . . . Does anyone know if the 2pane and
3pane inner glass panes are interchangeable?

Ask a Pella agent. They just cannot keep a secret.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

FYI Mine are 15 years old I have the 3 pane casement windows Single pane
with a thin thermo pane inside THEY SUCK !The seals are flattened out and
are a bear to get in and out If Had to do it again I would go with thermo
with 5/8 break . If you have condensation problems you should be looking at
the source for excess moisture in your house or room Incorrectly set
humidifier ,no shower fan, ect. Are you running vent free gas logs? Do your
windows have the vent holes at the top and bottom on the sides of the
windows? Bees like to fill these in with mud to lay their eggs This will
cause condensation problems for these windows.
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have the Pella Designer casement windows. As I've mentioned in the
past, I have huge condensation problems with them even with very low
RH. I'm below the recommended 30% for 0-10F...and they still go crazy.
I have a few windows that aren't of this type, and they do just fine.
At some point, these windows just need to go.

The one thing I wanted to try is to see if the 3pane has less issues
than what is in there now (probably 2-pane). I've heard from a few
people that they've had some 3 and 2 pane Designers; their 2[anes had
issues, but the 3panes did not. Does anyone know if the 2pane and
3pane inner glass panes are interchangeable?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pellas duals condense, there is the rating CDF you need to learn before
you buy CDF is Condensing factor, My pella dual are the same crap

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 3, 10:53 pm, "Larry and a Cat named Dub"
wrote:
FYI Mine are 15 years old I have the 3 pane casement windows Single pane
with a thin thermo pane inside THEY SUCK !The seals are flattened out and
are a bear to get in and out If Had to do it again I would go with thermo
with 5/8 break . If you have condensation problems you should be looking at
the source for excess moisture in your house or room Incorrectly set
humidifier ,no shower fan, ect. Are you running vent free gas logs? Do your
windows have the vent holes at the top and bottom on the sides of the
windows? Bees like to fill these in with mud to lay their eggs This will
cause condensation problems for these wrote in message

oups.com...

I have the Pella Designer casement windows. As I've mentioned in the
past, I have huge condensation problems with them even with very low
RH. I'm below the recommended 30% for 0-10F...and they still go crazy.
I have a few windows that aren't of this type, and they do just fine.
At some point, these windows just need to go.

The one thing I wanted to try is to see if the 3pane has less issues
than what is in there now (probably 2-pane). I've heard from a few
people that they've had some 3 and 2 pane Designers; their 2[anes had
issues, but the 3panes did not. Does anyone know if the 2pane and
3pane inner glass panes are interchangeable?

Yeah yeah. Bla bla bla. I've been through all this crap before. My
indoor RH is below their recommendations, tested with w a real
calibrated HG. THe vent holes are clean. NO gas logs. No humidifier.
This happens in ALL rooms. I have bath vents, I use them, even crack
the windows when I take a shower. These windows just sucks ass.
Period. The real problem is probably the rubber seals. I'd bet they're
all completely shot and worthless. Condensation issues aside, these
windows don't seal for crap, and the 'pull in' method of closure..just
plane old doesn't. In some places, I can imagine how the rubber seals
even seal...they barely, if even stick out past the edge of the frame.

When it get's really bad, I end up with a frozen bead of ice where
those seals are on the wood part of the window. I love this house.
It's only 10 years old, 6 years old when I bought it, but these
windows freaking suck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I called Pella and a service rep is coming out Friday. They already
started on the usual routine. RH, showers, big temp drops. Yada yada.

I could ALMOST put up with the condensation, but the freezing bead of
ice on the window where if should be touching the rubber seal is not
kosher. WHen closed, I can still lightly push outward on the window
and it will move out. These things are not sealing at all.