Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry and a Cat named Dub Larry and a Cat named Dub is offline

Default Any Pella part wizards here?

FYI Mine are 15 years old I have the 3 pane casement windows Single pane
with a thin thermo pane inside THEY SUCK !The seals are flattened out and
are a bear to get in and out If Had to do it again I would go with thermo
with 5/8 break . If you have condensation problems you should be looking at
the source for excess moisture in your house or room Incorrectly set
humidifier ,no shower fan, ect. Are you running vent free gas logs? Do your
windows have the vent holes at the top and bottom on the sides of the
windows? Bees like to fill these in with mud to lay their eggs This will
cause condensation problems for these windows.
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have the Pella Designer casement windows. As I've mentioned in the
past, I have huge condensation problems with them even with very low
RH. I'm below the recommended 30% for 0-10F...and they still go crazy.
I have a few windows that aren't of this type, and they do just fine.
At some point, these windows just need to go.

The one thing I wanted to try is to see if the 3pane has less issues
than what is in there now (probably 2-pane). I've heard from a few
people that they've had some 3 and 2 pane Designers; their 2[anes had
issues, but the 3panes did not. Does anyone know if the 2pane and
3pane inner glass panes are interchangeable?