Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bryant Gas Furnace- should capacitor be changed w/blower

I am getting a new blower motor put in my gas furnace (Bryant 330AAV
upflow). The technician recommends changing the capacitor as well
since the blower motor will not spin freely, he says that the capacitor
has had extra strain on it trying to turn the blower. This makes sense
to me but I wanted to run it by some folks just to make sure I'm not
being snookered. Please comment, thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Okay, so it sounds like replacing the capacitor is a good idea, but I'm
still curious if the tech person was correct in stating that the
capacitor has endured undue stress while the blower motor wore out and
became progressively more difficult to turn until it (the blower motor)
finally crapped out. Any more opinions? Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

My sense is the beerrings in the fan got worse and worse, until
the friction was greater than the motor's power.

In either case (if the chicken laid the egg, or the egg hatched
the chicken) replace the capacitor. They are cheaper than a house
call. Quit straining over pennies, and think for the long term.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

oups.com...