Default Bryant gas furnace age and efficiency

I recently bought a home and I want to find out the age and efficiency
of the furnace (the owner was unsure or didn't want to say). Anyone
know where I can find this info? The furnace is at least 15 years old,
so their website doesn't have any info on it. The model is
394dac048125 and it is a series FA29. It is a 125K BTU gas furnace.
Any ideas on age efficiency? Thanks.

John

Anthony Berlin

Age : High ; Efficiency : Low The serial # would be more helpful with
respect to determinig it's age. And assuming, that you listed the correct
model #, my catalogs with Bryant go back 16 years and it's in none of them.
Get me the full model #, product # ( if it has one, should be near the M# ),
and serial # and I can run it through our database at the shop...don't
expect much more than what I indicated in the top part of my response to
your post though.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought a home and I want to find out the age and efficiency
of the furnace (the owner was unsure or didn't want to say). Anyone
know where I can find this info? The furnace is at least 15 years old,
so their website doesn't have any info on it. The model is
394dac048125 and it is a series FA29. It is a 125K BTU gas furnace.
Any ideas on age efficiency? Thanks.

John

Tim Fischer

There should be a plate on the furnace somewhere. It will list the input
BTU's, as well as the BTUs of heat output.

Do the math, and you have your efficiency.

-Tim

Stretch

Tim, that will give you only the firing efficiency, not the AFUE. For
years the standard firing efficiency was 80%, while the standard AFUE
was between 50% and 60%. The OP should be more interested in the AFUE
or Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency.

Stretch