Posted to alt.home.repair
Doc Doc is offline

Default Stucco application

I've been looking on the 'net and in here for tips regarding applying
stucco. I'm doing an approx 3 x 20 patch over some critter damage repair.
After you've applied each coat, scratch, brown - how cured does it have to
be to apply the next coat? I keep seeing the concept of keeping it moistened
mentioned, but it's not clear if this is always necessary. If I apply and
scratch the scratch coast after dark (I'm in Florida), would that still
require periodic moistening? Obviously I can't be home all day to keep
spraying it down.

Any tips appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doc wrote:

I've been looking on the 'net and in here for tips regarding applying
stucco. I'm doing an approx 3 x 20 patch over some critter damage repair.
After you've applied each coat, scratch, brown - how cured does it have to
be to apply the next coat? I keep seeing the concept of keeping it moistened
mentioned, but it's not clear if this is always necessary. If I apply and
scratch the scratch coast after dark (I'm in Florida), would that still
require periodic moistening? Obviously I can't be home all day to keep
spraying it down.

Any tips appreciated.

3x20 ... inches? feet? If inches, perhaps a tub of ?DAP latex stucco
repair would work. We used it on stucco on concrete block (Florida),
then painted. Works very nicely. Sanded and unsanded, I believe.
Played with it a bit, using stiff scrub brush, to get the surface
texture to match.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Doc Doc is offline

"Norminn" wrote in message
link.net...
Doc wrote:

I've been looking on the 'net and in here for tips regarding applying
stucco. I'm doing an approx 3 x 20 patch over some critter damage

repair.
After you've applied each coat, scratch, brown - how cured does it have

be to apply the next coat? I keep seeing the concept of keeping it

moistened
mentioned, but it's not clear if this is always necessary. If I apply

and
scratch the scratch coast after dark (I'm in Florida), would that still
require periodic moistening? Obviously I can't be home all day to keep
spraying it down.

Any tips appreciated.

3x20 ... inches? feet?

Amending my earlier statement, about 3 x 10 feet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doc writes:

Obviously I can't be home all day to keep
spraying it down.

Any tips appreciated.

Cover it with plastic and spray it as often as feasible.

The purpose of the moisture is to maximize the material strength. Hurry-up
contractors don't observe this.

One day's cure should be fine between coats. Read the label.

Which plastic for my application? Mark Trueman UK diy 4 November 9th 06 12:44 PM
glue application jctrinity Woodworking 7 March 4th 06 11:29 AM
Sealant application technique Blair UK diy 17 November 23rd 05 11:14 AM
"On Bullshit" And It's Application To Wooddorking Tom Watson Woodworking 17 June 15th 05 01:03 PM
shellac application brandt Woodworking 3 October 25th 04 01:33 PM