Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Stucco application

Doc wrote:

I've been looking on the 'net and in here for tips regarding applying
stucco. I'm doing an approx 3 x 20 patch over some critter damage repair.
After you've applied each coat, scratch, brown - how cured does it have to
be to apply the next coat? I keep seeing the concept of keeping it moistened
mentioned, but it's not clear if this is always necessary. If I apply and
scratch the scratch coast after dark (I'm in Florida), would that still
require periodic moistening? Obviously I can't be home all day to keep
spraying it down.

Any tips appreciated.

3x20 ... inches? feet? If inches, perhaps a tub of ?DAP latex stucco
repair would work. We used it on stucco on concrete block (Florida),
then painted. Works very nicely. Sanded and unsanded, I believe.
Played with it a bit, using stiff scrub brush, to get the surface
texture to match.