Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher not draining

Ok, this is a carryover from another post.

I am having problems with water not completely draining from my
dishwasher. Like most dishwashers, the drain hose is connected to my
insinkerator. I took the drain hose off and blew in it. I had to blow
REALLY hard to get any bubbles to appear in the puddle in my
dishwasher. I turn beat-read in the face doing it. I removed the
plastic guard from my dishwasher by removing the two screws and
attempted to check for any visible or any blockage that I could feel. I
did not feel anything, but I could submerge my entire hand in this
water. I tried to remove the hose from the drain itself, but whoever
put it on did it really tight and I can't get it off with my socket
wrench.

Are there any more remedies? I don't have an air gap that I can tell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, this is a carryover from another post.

I am having problems with water not completely draining from my
dishwasher. Like most dishwashers, the drain hose is connected to my
insinkerator. I took the drain hose off and blew in it. I had to blow
REALLY hard to get any bubbles to appear in the puddle in my
dishwasher. I turn beat-read in the face doing it.

That would be beet red, even if you were beat after doing it.

You should NOT be able to make bubbles in the DW. There is a valve that is
closed to hold the water in. The fact that you could not blow past it means
it is closed, as it should be when not draining.

Possibilities a
Solenoid valve not opening when it should be. (replace the valve)
Clog in the line
Timer not sending a signal to open the valve.

Find the valve under the machine. It is most likely where the hose is
connected. See if you can manually open the valve by pushing on a lever.
Once open, if the line is clear, it will be easy to blow through the hose.
If not, there is a clog. I've had mine blocked by a stray cherry pit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Is this valve controlled by a spring mechanism that moves up and down?
I have a small metal bar that looks like it goes to the drain that is
hooked to a mechanism that has springs on it. Could this be the valve
control you are talking about?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian" wrote in message

Is this valve controlled by a spring mechanism that moves up and down?
I have a small metal bar that looks like it goes to the drain that is
hooked to a mechanism that has springs on it. Could this be the valve
control you are talking about?

Sounds like it. Spring holds it closed, magnet opens it up.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 4 Jan 2007 07:19:57 -0800, "Brian" wrote:

Ok, this is a carryover from another post.

I am having problems with water not completely draining from my
dishwasher. Like most dishwashers, the drain hose is connected to my
insinkerator. I took the drain hose off and blew in it. I had to blow
REALLY hard to get any bubbles to appear in the puddle in my
dishwasher. I turn beat-read in the face doing it. I removed the
plastic guard from my dishwasher by removing the two screws and
attempted to check for any visible or any blockage that I could feel. I
did not feel anything, but I could submerge my entire hand in this
water. I tried to remove the hose from the drain itself, but whoever
put it on did it really tight and I can't get it off with my socket
wrench.

Are there any more remedies? I don't have an air gap that I can tell.

And that means your drain hose goes straight from the dishwasher to
the insinkerator, right?

You scooped me, because I was going to tell you about the little
chicken bone in my air gap that somehow kept my DW from draining at
all. I sitill don't understand it but I guess it doesn't apply to
you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
snip

And that means your drain hose goes straight from the dishwasher to
the insinkerator, right?

Yep. Long white, ribbed tube. I do not see an air gap.